The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Steal Mod Idea

Tallius

Not sure if this is the right spot for this exactly but...

I think it would be pretty cool if a life steal mod was available for melee weapons. It wouldn't even have to be that much life steal to be effective. A small percentage (1-5%, maybe 5% at cap level) or even a flat health increase per hit (1-5 health gain per hit).

This would be useful to use while leveling recently built warframes or using melee weapons on warframes that are relatively squishy. Or if your building for heavy melee damage for high level warframes, life steal would be useful at times as well.  This also grants an alternative way to gain health in defense missions.

Just an idea.

As much as the Tenno in me would like this, it would be too OP. Who would fear a Fart Ancient Green ever again?

You'd still have to worry about the damage over time effect after he dies as well as his cloud that he leaves behind. And also, his poison cloud would probably out damage your life steal because it's only 5%. If you do 100 damage per hit, that only adds up to 5 health gain per hit. If you were using something like the dual zoren and also had a fury mod on it, you could probably get 3 or 4 hits off per second (estimating of course) and that adds up to about 15-20 (excluding the crit chance). The toxics i usually fight are in Jupiter, but even at that average level they do about 20 per tick with their poison (I'm not sure of the exact value of that either) so going into a melee brawl with a toxiancient would still be a bad idea unless you had a high level weapon already. And if you DO have a high level melee weapon, why shouldn't you be able to melee a "fart ancient green"?

The only way I could see it being really overpowered is if you use charge attacks, but that wouldn't be hard to fix. I could think of a few ways to negate that issue off the top of my head. (i.e. life steal only applies to basic attacks, or is reduced by half for charge attacks)

Anyway what about the mod slot and energy consumption? It probably wouldn't be a cheap mod to have on your weapon.

I still think this is a viable idea and wouldn't be too overpowered if implemented correctly.

Does the 5% do 5% damage and then redirect it to your health? or makes 5% of your damage come back to you as health?

It would make 5% of the damage dealt return to you as health. For example, of you had 5% life steal and you dealt 100 damage, you would gain 5 hp.