Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defeating The Port Forwarding Error!

Spookdade

I just ran into a problem that seems to not only plague a lot of people but also just pop out of the blue. I have always had the error "Strict NAT detected. UPnP not detected. Please forward UDP ports 3960 & 3962 to (Your Ip Address goes here)". So I thought well it seems to be fine I've hear a lot about it. I thought it would be too complicated to work it out how to fix it so I just left it alone. Then it started yesterday, I have been playing Warframe for the past month or so and out of the blue I can no longer join parties nor host parties. I first thought well maybe no one is playing these missions then, so I soloed for a while then after these alert missions were all having to be soloed I thought maybe I should check into this.

For anyone ever getting that error just be safe and go through with it, it only took me about 20 minutes and now no lag when I host and I find parties almost all the time now.

I later found this lovely website after googling the specific error message with some of it taken out. Turned out Torchlight 2 has the same problem, thank God for that because I would still be stuck soloing. Okay, down to business.

The website you should go to is www.PortForwarding.com This little beauty has a simple and easy to understand guide and all you have to do is insert your Router Name  and your Router Model Number. Then skip the ad and click W scroll down to find Warframe and follow the steps from there. I did take the time to read every page top to bottom just to know what I was doing but I don't believe you would have to read it all.

Have you stopped receiving the port forwarding error? I went to the website as well back when I had problems playing borderlands 2, didn't really fix anything. It can be quite a hassle too, depending on your router.

Well, everything seemed fine until my modem decided to die. After I reset the modem back to the same old error. Before my lovely Comcast Modem died though I wasn't having any problems and I wasn't getting that error neither. In fact the game seemed to be running even faster than I ever seen it. It also seemed like finding parties was almost a guarantee. I now do have the error again but at least I'm not forced to solo any more. I might have to look into updated the firmware on my router later.

4:15 now lol, and I'm bout to go to bed and it says everything is normal now. Oh Warframe, what I ride you have put me through today.

Edited by Spookdade