Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Anti-Rusher Through Bonuses

Blyr

A solution that doesn't involve causing grief or misery for everyone involved: Bonuses for a FULL extraction.

Something along the lines of +5% exp per person, and +500cr per person in the group, but only if you get a full extraction. This would encourage more groups of 4, and rushing would no longer benefit you. You'd actually be hurting yourself, by rushing.

If people decided to grief and forfeit the full extraction bonus, it still wouldn't be a massive issue, because the bonus isn't that significant; it's something to give you a pause so you work for full extraction, but if you lose it, it won't ruin your entire day. This borrows heavily from the way ME3 handled extractions, and it worked very well in that game.

Having a teammate die would still award full extraction if the other three made it, but with reduced bonuses.. encouraging you to keep your team together, and keep everyone alive. (Teamwork!)

This might also get people to stop soloing as often, because you actually have an incentive to work together with others.. meaning more open groups.

If this idea has already been stated, or is incoherent, I apologize in advance.. it's 7am, and I work the night shift.. I just wanted to get this out there before I fell asleep and forgot.

but then I also like to see a reward system for stealth, if there's a bonus for full extermination there's absolutely no reason to go stealth and sneak through past enemies (I prefer not to kill if it's not necessary...)

Edited by SeiraSunmin

This has my vote. Would be a massive change (for the better) to how teams *should* work. Good Job. 

As long as it's a bonus for full extraction and NOT a penalty for rushing I'm fine with it, +1!

Yep. I'm taking the "buff everything" instead of "nerf everything" approach.

I hope they use this, far to often does one idiot rush ahead and stir up the lions den, just to run from it like a idiot and leave like 20 enemies to kill his teammates. Voted up.

Thanks for your support!

A slight credit and xp bonus would not stop rushers.

It's meant to provide an incentive to have your entire squad extract, instead of one man rushing ahead and waiting for the second fastest on the team to show up for the countdown to start. We could always go with the penalty route, which would definitely stop rushers, but I'd rather try this method first.

sure give me another reason to rage at you slow inefficent game play

Have you ever considered that if you stayed with your team, helping them kill the enemies along the way, you'd all get there as quickly as you would alone?

Nah, it'd probably encourage rushers to play Mag so they can pull others along.

Hardy har har

but then I also like to see a reward system for stealth, if that gets i there's absolutely no reason to go stealth and sneak through past enemies (I prefer not to kill if it's not necessary...)

I could definitely see this happening with the stealth revamp.

Have you ever considered that if you stayed with your team, helping them kill the enemies along the way, you'd all get there as quickly as you would alone?

=\ i just about never come in below second on kills/ damage done. if they cant keep up with my path of heartless slauther they are scum that cant get over picking up every piece of trash loot

ps: this is  an online game; if the reward isnt the maximum possible , you gave out a PENALTY!

=\ i just about never come in below second on kills/ damage done. if they cant keep up with my path of heartless slauther they are scum that cant get over picking up every piece of trash loot

ps: this is  an online game; if the reward isnt the maximum possible , you gave out a PENALTY!

Not really. In games there have always been tiers of rewards. What's been suggested is that you still get the 'maximum' reward that you get normally. But you get a 'bonus' on top of that for full extractions (and presumably more team work actions that can be added to the list). So in other words you get bonuses for doing more stuff per mission in the group you've clearly chosen to play with. 

You like to rush through the missions, and that's fine by me, but as far as I'm concerned you should get nothing else if you've not worked together, worse still to call it a penalty just because you're too lazy to work in a team when you are clearly playing a co-op/team game is baffling to say the least. If you don't want to play with others then don't.

More doors that require all team mates to press a button!

Too easy to enable griefers though :(

If you're so good, then you shouldn't have any problems sticking with the group and making sure everyone gets to extraction safely. Or, y'know, just solo.

We already get bonus affinity and credits if you stay together, that didn't stop rushers since inception, why do you think your suggestion will?

Because you get a full reward if everyone makes it or not. This is to incentivize sticking together, working as a team, and making sure everyone gets out safely. It's done in ME3 and works wonderfully, because you *never* leave a man down, you never leave anyone behind, unless it's virtually impossible to save them. You'd be surprised at how much people value a minor bonus.

Not really. In games there have always been tiers of rewards. What's been suggested is that you still get the 'maximum' reward that you get normally. But you get a 'bonus' on top of that for full extractions (and presumably more team work actions that can be added to the list). So in other words you get bonuses for doing more stuff per mission in the group you've clearly chosen to play with. 

You like to rush through the missions, and that's fine by me, but as far as I'm concerned you should get nothing else if you've not worked together, worse still to call it a penalty just because you're too lazy to work in a team when you are clearly playing a co-op/team game is baffling to say the least. If you don't want to play with others then don't.

Also, this.