Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Credit Sink And Mod Flexability?

Advanced-

As has been suggested before, you guys should add a way to go up/down levels on mods. This way clutter is reduced, mistakes are less likley to occur when managing multiple mods, and it would allow real fine tuning of certain playstyles.

Add a credit cost to that (A credit sink is much needed right now) and you guys can solve 2 problems in 1 action.

Make the credit cost reasonable though, something like:

2k per mod level

If going from 9 to 10 or 10 to 9, cost is 20k.

0 to 1 or 1 to 0, cost is 2k.

7 to 8 or 8 to 7, cost is 16k.

Etc. I know I would end up spending quite a bit on this alone, min-maxing for different misions, defence waves and races.

Gives more playstyle flexability and gives a way to keep the credits from stacking too high without forcing the issue :)

Edited by Bboy500

why do we need to pay even more of our score in a zero economy game?

A. Trading is coming.

B. Credits at end-game are an aftertaught and are earned in such a fast way that they dont matter at all. Making credits useful would require credits having some sort of value, the less credits you have, the more you value them.

At the moment, earning 100k an hour has made credits obselete.

(Again, this is stritcly end-game. If you are not there yet, credits are probably fine for you now...)

Edited by Bboy500

Credit sink? please leave your Diablo 3 and WoW ideas in those games...This is ridiculous. When you have nothing to buy or left ot upgrade then stock up, the game is brand new and MANY new weapons and mods will be coming. Also unless you have fully maxed out Serration, Hornet's Strike, Steel Fiber, Redirection and Vitality please don't talk about "endgame" or how "100k credits and hour has made credits obsolete."

Credit sink? please leave your Diablo 3 and WoW ideas in those games...This is ridiculous. When you have nothing to buy or left ot upgrade then stock up, the game is brand new and MANY new weapons and mods will be coming. Also unless you have fully maxed out Serration, Hornet's Strike, Steel Fiber, Redirection and Vitality please don't talk about "endgame" or how "100k credits and hour has made credits obsolete."

Assuming much?

Not to mention attacking me when you yourself have not hit end-game.

I have no reason to max out my vitality or redirection right now, precisley because I already have a setup for my main warframes that uses up all 60 energy points.

It's why I am suggesting this.

As far as serration and hornet strike, already maxed out.

Now putting even that out of the way, end game credit sink is still needed. There is a 6 page topic in the general section which went in detail.... but what the players at end game generally agreed on is we need a credit sink, there is not enough things to spend money on compared to the rate we earn it. Either lower the credits (which would be bad for lower level players) or put in a usefull credit sink.

If you disagree it's fine. But don't come into the topic assuming things and completley misinformed, if you are not at end game then how would you know the credit situation? Also with this suggestion you are not losing anything.... you just need to pay a little to test out different variations.

Edited by Bboy500

A. Trading is coming.

B. Credits at end-game are an aftertaught and are earned in such a fast way that they dont matter at all. Making credits useful would require credits having some sort of value, the less credits you have, the more you value them.

At the moment, earning 100k an hour has made credits obselete.

(Again, this is stritcly end-game. If you are not there yet, credits are probably fine for you now...)

1. you cant fix a problem to nyi game mechanic

2. a system that isnt cost effient isnt  going to  make poeple burn credits on it. (you might want to figure out the cost of out right building up a second copy of a mod at a lower rank)

if you wanted to throw a credit sink into this game it would be credit buy-able "booster" packs priced above the average  sell value of the contents, because wf is 30% tcg

Edited by Geuax

Agreed, money loose their weight as u get ur WarFrames full.

Credit sink could be repair. Or

Warning! Following text contents MY suggestions about "If i were DE I'd make this...". 

We probably need target in game. Not just words.

As i know we fight against Grineer expansion, so then taking planet by planet under control.

What if we take planets back?

I mean we got BASE (the place where we train i think its mercury) And Grineers got base with SUCHABADASS enemy commandos. And they spread they army from it's base on the every planet in solar system.

And brave Tenno come and say GTFO from this planet, and after monthes of fighting kick enemy out. And then old and strong WarFrames build an Defend system (on their credits ofc(its a sink that you were asking for)).  With turrets, fleets and blackjack energy shields.

And then sneaky corpus strike from the back, hack our systems and turrets attack us, and we got to defend it again, and repair the systems e.t.c.

So that what i think lol. So global:D

My English is not very good but i hope you understood what i say (:

First off there was no attack on you, I think you should re-read what I wrote previously to see that, also no assumptions were made either (again re-read). If you still think that way, there's nothing much I can do to help that :)

I have no need for credits since I own everything, yet I still think your idea of a credit sink (and apparently many other players) is a terrible one, especially this early in the game, I mean it's not even out of beta and you're talking about limiting the options new players will have just because you have too much money to spend? Wow.

"Not to mention attacking me when you yourself have not hit end-game."

Where are you assuming I'm not at endgame? What is endgame to you? I have every mod except the ones I mentioned maxed out. I have every frame, main weapon and pistol and they are all at level 30. I have every melee weapon most of which are at level 30. Also have every sector/planet completed.

Edited by JessicaAlba

1. you cant fix a problem to nyi game mechanic

2. a system that isnt cost effient isnt  going to  make poeple burn credits on it. (you might want to figure out the cost of out right building up a second copy of a mod at a lower rank)

if you wanted to throw a credit sink into this game it would be credit buy-able "booster" packs priced above the average  sell value of the contents, because wf is 30% tcg

1. I never said trading was a problem..... A person mentioned the game did not need a sink due to no economy, trading is confirmed so that argument is invalid.

Credits at end game lose their value whether trading is in or not, we earn them too fast right now.

2. The values can obviously be changed, the 2k thing was just an example. It would probably balanced if each level had their own cost instead of increasing by 2k a piece, agreed.

First off there was no attack on you, I think you should re-read what I wrote previously to see that, also no assumptions were made either (again re-read). If you still think that way, there's nothing much I can do to help that :)

I have no need for credits since I own everything, yet I still think your idea of a credit sink (and apparently many other players) is a terrible one, especially this early in the game, I mean it's not even out of beta and you're talking about limiting the options new players will have just because you have too much money to spend? Wow.

"Not to mention attacking me when you yourself have not hit end-game."

Where are you assuming I'm not at endgame? What is endgame to you? I have every mod except the ones I mentioned maxed out. I have every frame, main weapon and pistol and they are all at level 30. I have every melee weapon most of which are at level 30. Also have every sector/planet completed.

How am I limiting new players exactly. Why would a new player ever decide to lower a mod he maxed? This doesnt effect them, at all.

They would play exactly as they are now, and when they decide they want to lower a level 5 mod to get another one up so ot fits in the 30/60 energy, they pay a small amount of credits for it....

And you just said you have no use for credits, how is this not a problem then?

De releases a new weapon weekly, not enough to make credits worth anything. What are the point of credits right now after you have your fav warframes, weapons and mods maxed.

There is none.

Edited by Bboy500

Just because I have no use for credits now that I have everything doesn't mean I have to agree with your ideas. I'm thinking of players as a whole, not just myself or others who are at this supposed "endgame".

The game isn't just about new weapons. New mods will also be released and who knows what else down the line that DE has planned which will use credits, maybe you'll find out in future livestreams, but as of right now the "endgame" is farming. Want a mod of a lower level? Farm it and use credits to upgrade it to the desired level.

Just because I have no use for credits now that I have everything doesn't mean I have to agree with your ideas. I'm thinking of players as a whole, not just myself or others who are at this supposed "endgame".

The game isn't just about new weapons. New mods will also be released and who knows what else down the line that DE has planned which will use credits, maybe you'll find out in future livestreams, but as of right now the "endgame" is farming. Want a mod of a lower level? Farm it and use credits to upgrade it to the desired level.

And that option would still be there.

I still have not seen a valid argument from you about why this is bad or how it would hinder new players....

Its feature, not a requirment.