The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot On Burst Weapons

Rabcor

lets say you have the Sicarus pistol that fires 3 shots at a time when you shoot.

If i put 100% multishot on sicarus will it fire 6 shots or 4 shots every time i shoot? (Basically, will it add 1 bullet or double the amount being bursted)

(The reply also should be added to wiki, since it doesn't say anything about  burst weapons with multishot there)

Edited by rabcor

I was actually thinking more Kraken ;)

If you look closely, it's the highest damage per shot (if you count the burst of 2 bullets as 1 shot) of all sidearms.

45 per bullet, whereas lex is 70 per bullet, multishot on lex will be 140 dmg per shot

multishot on kraken will be 180 per shot (if it had only been one extra bullet it'd be 135 dmg per shot)

that's brutal ;) also the kraken has 14 bullets per clip so it can fire 7 times whereas the lex can only fire 6 times.

At this point if you have 100% (or more) multishot on the sidearm, the only 3 advantages lex has over the kraken is that the lex takes twice as long to deplete its ammo supplies and the lex has much much higher base crit chance (pistol gambit can be worth it on lex but not on kraken) so the kraken needs headshots more than the lex does if you want to get that extra crit damage in. also it has a "V" polarity slot which is great on any weapon whereas the kraken has no polarities.

Lokking further, base crit damage on both weapons is 150% so if the 140 crit goes to +50% dmg (due to crit) it's 210 dmg, which is only about 50 more damage than the base (multishot) damage on the kraken, thats just about 1 extra kraken bullet to make up for the crit damage on the lex without critting at all.

Edited by rabcor

I was actually thinking more Kraken ;)

If you look closely, it's the highest damage per shot (if you count the burst of 2 bullets as 1 shot) of all sidearms.

45 per bullet, whereas lex is 70 per bullet, multishot on lex will be 140 dmg per shot

multishot on kraken will be 180 per shot (if it had only been one extra bullet it'd be 135 dmg per shot)

that's brutal ;) also the kraken has 14 bullets per clip so it can fire 7 times whereas the lex can only fire 6 times.

At this point if you have 100% (or more) multishot on the sidearm, the only 3 advantages lex has over the kraken is that the lex takes twice as long to deplete its ammo supplies and the lex has much much higher base crit chance (pistol gambit can be worth it on lex but not on kraken) so the kraken needs headshots more than the lex does if you want to get that extra crit damage in. also it has a "V" polarity slot which is great on any weapon whereas the kraken has no polarities.

Lokking further, base crit damage on both weapons is 150% so if the 140 crit goes to +50% dmg (due to crit) it's 210 dmg, which is only about 50 more damage than the base (multishot) damage on the kraken, thats just about 1 extra kraken bullet to make up for the crit damage on the lex without critting at all.

Kraken's recoil from the first shot is brutal. The only way you get to accurately snipe an enemy from afar is with extensive training, something the Lex doesn't need. You are obviously paying the price of damage for accuracy in the case of Lex.

Kraken with multishot is basically a shotgun in your hands, a rather accurate one. - Experienced Kraken user full modded

A shotgun? 4 rounds per bursts isn't much like a shotgun in my opinion. I'd rather take Bronco for that job.

Considering the fact I shoot 4-6 shots per pull of the trigger (you forget 120 percent chance on multishot has a 20 percent chance for a 3rd shot) and that anything dies from one hit its a shotgun to me. Especially after seeing all the bullets and damage values flying up. Also it hits waaay faster and much more dps than a bronco (you have to get close for the bronco to even be effective) the kraken you can just spam all day. My apologies its more like a AA12 shotgun in your hands (better IMO)

Edited by Klaww