Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Update Needs.

Dna-Mutilator

Noob Updates. -to the Developers-

For a less in depth and short description of what these are skip to the conclusion at the bottom. For more in-depth and showing how these updates are essential, please read from top.

1) Basic controls:

First of all, I started playing Warframe 3 days ago. I instantly noticed it needed some work, it's not very "noob friendly". The tutorial (Intro) only gave me the basic knowledge of how to move, shoot, attack, etc. As the levels went on, i kept getting stuck in areas that needed toggles "X" which i found out was the key for them later on. I often fell behind my team, for some reason they ran faster than me (sprinting), i had to look up in Google how to move fast in the game to be able to keep up, not only that but in on of the levels in mercury you're supposed to go up vertically into an air system, most of the team dc'ed there because no one had any idea how to do it. Finally i found the answer, you had to sprint and jump with perfect timing. Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if when you have to do something for the first time it explains what you must do?

2) Arsenal explanations:

The first day i logged on i was given a random weapon, then when i tried to check it out and possibly equip it I couldn't find it anywhere ( I still don't know where it is). The arsenal guide in general tells you nothing, why not have it explain each step you have to take to use/ equip and level up your character. Once my weapons hit rank 2 the arsenal started flashing, when i would go in the little gear on the bottom right of every weapon was flashing as well. I had no idea what to do, i clicked on it and it opened up an empty interface, i had no items nothing to use on it nothing new... so why was it flashing? of course later i found out it had a mod space added to it, but hell I had and have no idea whats going on and how that works. I even almost combined 2 of my abilities trying to figure things out. When trying to buy and or find a suitable weapon for the future, i compare the ones i have with the ones available in the shop, but it shows no stats... only the name and a short description. How then will i be able to compare and make my decision?

3) Blueprints:

Well this is a little more advanced, maybe i shouldn't say anything but it seemed somewhat ridiculous. On the blueprints i looked up (in the market) it only showed the weapon and some statistics, if I'm going to buy a blueprint i will need to know what materials it takes before i get it. Why not insert more information into the blueprint so you can see from the window it opens what you need and if you will be able to make it.

In conclusion, The tutorial has to be updated to fit all the different skills and combinations you will need to pass all levels. The arsenal should have more information on how to navigate it and how things work in there, since that is where you will be upgrading your character for future game-play. Blueprints should have a list of basic materials that they need for you to assemble the item (before you buy it).

Edited by Dna-Mutilator

Agreed. I just started a few days ago and had some issues assimilating, but I invited a friend to join me and he absolutely couldn't. He's never played third-person shooters before (only first person shooters,) so for him there was even more of a learning curve, on top of the things a tutorial should discuss but doesn't. Granted, this is a Beta, so he said he'd give it another shot in a few weeks, but I would hope that a more in-depth tutorial is on the list of projects to be completed before the open beta simply becomes live game.

Edited by BenHoliday

=/ This is the wrong place for feedback. That goes in the feedback forums. You've posted in the introduction subforum. So unless you're introducing yourself as someone who can't figure things out quickly... well- we can see where this is going. Anyway, welcome to warframe- you'll figure things out soon enough =)