Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Beta Feedback

Liberty83

The game is fun, I enjoy it but it isn't without some issues that I see as problems. (Some may be intended features).

Ammo Pool / Ammo Drops across various weapons : As of right now we have 4 pools of ammo and 4 ammo drop types.  The problem is, guns are balanced around things like DPS, mag size, bullet damage, fire rate, etc.  High damage low ROF weapons draw from the same pool as low damage high ROF.   What is worse is that the ammo restock from drops provides a static amount that is tied to the ammo pool.

As of right now there is no "good" reason to pick a high ROF low damage weapon over a lower ROF high damage one.  They both will do similar damage over time, the latter however will never run the risk of running out of ammo.

My suggestion is to retool the ammo boxes where Orange is your "basic" ammo, that resupplies average damage / rof weapons like the Lato, Burston, Bolto, etc.  Have it resupply say 20-25 rounds per pickup.

Blue would now be more of an ammo crate for larger mag higher rof weapons such as the Grakata / Vipers / Furis / Braton / etc. Each pick up would resupply 50 ammo to that type of gun.

Green would be your heavy weapon pick up, Shotuns, Snipers, Lex, Bronco that would only provide 10 rounds per pick up.

Purple could be "Rare" and provide a universal pick up, like say 20 rounds for primary and secondary.

As a note, dual weapons use their "Base" weapon as a standard for pick up, so Afuris will use the blue crates, while Aklato and Akbolto will both still use the orange crates despite having higher rates of fire.

Abilities / Energy use : As of right now many abilities simply aren't worth the energy and are so situational that the times to use them are so few and far between they are better off removed from your suit.  What I'd suggest is a second form of mods you can slot that occupy the same space as original ability slots and are mutually exclusive.  The idea being, rather than having an energy cost, the abilities instead gain a cool down timer.

Lets say for example, that tier 1 abilities have a 10 second cool down at level 1 and can be reduced to 4 seconds at level 3. (2 seconds per level).   Tier 2 abilities could have a 15 second cool down reduced to 9 seconds at level 3. Tier 3's 30 seconds reduced to 18 seconds at level 3.  Tier 4, 45 seconds reduced to 25 s at level 4.  Ideally what you would do is replace your situational powers with cool down mods and keep the ones you want to spam with energy cost.

So you could slot lets say Ember with Cool down Fire Bolt, cool down overheat, energy cost fire blast, energy cost world of fire.

Polarity slots - There needs to be a way to add say 1 more to warframes and up to 2 more on weapons to allow for some customization / specialization.  It would give us a good reason to level up a warframe more than once, same goes for a weapons.  

Ancient disruptors could really stand to have a flat amount of "energy sap" on their ability.  150 sounds reasonable to me so it will still completely sap most, but high energy frames or those running flow can mitigate the effects somewhat. 

Exponential cost levels of Pistol / Rifle Damage   Shield/ Armor/ Vitality mods get a bit silly.

Crit chance of weapons needs to be  a displayed stat so players can make informed choices regarding whether or not to slot a crit chance / damage mod.

Does block do anything at the moment? It looks cool to swirl my sword around but I still take damage from ranged attacks, despite apparently reflecting rounds.  If it actually did mitigate ranged damage, you'd have a good reason to slot max stamina and stamina recharge mods.

Snipetron could use a slight buff to accurate shots, treating it something like Banshee's sonar ability where it receives bonus damage against critical weak spots.  I.e. Headshots for most, leg shots for infested ancients.   Maybe not 4x like the ability, but some sort of bonus would be nice.