Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improved Matchmaking / Lobby

Enot83

The current system obviously has its flaws, like repeatedly being disconnected when attempting to join others in progress as the most apparent and obvious.

I apologize for having to use another game as the example here, but, in Mass Effect 3 one of the things the community would be irritated by others in the community for doing would be hosting games knowing that they had a poor connection or a more courteous thing that many would do which was to let people know they were in the US, Europe, etc so someone from a different region would know that their connection between the host would have lag.

Currently other than finding people through happen chance, or knowing friends outside of Warframe who have a good connection, you're taking a crap shoot when you join people.

Adding a lobby might be a bit much, I'm not sure if this is the best solution, since the squad format already somewhat allows for this, having something prior to the game starting if you're not joining mid game that indicated connectivity and the ability to re-arrange who the host would be could go a very long way to making the game far more enjoyable.  It's been my experience in this and other games with some that while they hosted everyone experienced lag, with most cases it being myself who hosted after that, everyone had far less lag, and even the previous host did not have noticeable lag.  This is a situation where someone has a perfectly fine connection, but acting as a host might be too much for their connection.

In addition if we had a way to see the relative ping to groups on planets and gave players the option of which to join or a method of refining what was an acceptable ping, for example, anything above 40ms was not shown.  With the addition of being able to host their own game in online mode, rather than being forced to join what they know will be a poor connection.

Stop disbanding a squad for simply trying to go back to the large map overview, we should be able to go back to the large map, THEN escape should function to bring up the "do you want to leave squad".  Navigating from alerts or deciding to do a different boss either requires finding your way through they planet paths to a destination or re-assembling the squad.

In summary what I'm asking for is:

A way to see ongoing games / games being created and their connection (ping)

A way to host in online mode even if there is an existing game in progress without requiring a squad

A way outside of an ongoing game (or even during) to allow for a unanimous vote to change host

Stronger squad formation prior to game start, allowing for exit from a planet view for better overall system navigation.

Edited by Enot83

I agree, the Matchmaking / Lobby system has to be improved. Lot of lags (mostly because people's pc hosting the matches can't handle it) and some disconnections. I'm gonna take a look at the Find a Squad! section, surely there are good hosters.

Also, how can I see ping and/or latency?

Can't be a good idea to make something like squad infos ingame? Like I select a planet, a window popup and it shows me a list of squads with various infos (ping, latency, country, ...).