The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Primed Ravage,primed Point Blank And Primed Heavy Trauma- And Don't Add More Like Them.

Innocent_Flower

I'm fairly sure that increasing multishot adds to status chance and damage, but keeps crit chance the same... 

Well, Each individual bullet crits seperately. This is no different for rifles or shotguns. The complete damage and status chance is divided amoungst the pellets/bullets. 

So, If having 30% more multishot max from mods was really an issue, the penalty ravage gets in comparison to vital sense should still be pretty small. 

You're quite right that multishot doesnt increase the crit chance when you add it to a shotgun, it does however give you more pellets to crit with which is still an increased chance to crit regardless of whether the stats change. What I said was correct you just need to look @ it from a different angle beyond the obvious.

Yes Damage is divided between the pellets but Status/Crit aren't.

I think you're missing the point, its a guarenteed chance to double* your damage vs a 10% chance at not which happens fairly regularly. There are very few rifles where its actually viable to have a crit build and even fewer for shotguns, if you're counting sniper rifles in the list they have their own problems which we need not talk about.

*obviously you have to hit with everything to double the damage.

Realistically comparing rifles to shotguns is like comparing a fork to a knife, they're made for different things and shouldnt mix... dont even get me started on the spork or fred :P

Post in all caps about how mad you are mods that are added that aren't NEEDED.

The whole point of Primed mods is to add versatility to builds.

You can cut out certain mods and build around it. What's the point of complaining about something that's situational.

You don't want it, Don't buy it from the trader.

Edited by Skepsis

The whole point of Primed mods is to add versatility to builds.

Are you entirely sure? The ones I'm condemning are just 'moar damage' mods. You can't really get more versatility from that. 

Crits talk

One or two crits don't mean much against ten or so non-crits. 

Vital sense increases crit damage by 120%

Split chamber increases multishot by 90%. 

Ravage increases crit damage by 60%

Hells chamber increases multishot by 120%. 

There's genuinely no reason for different crit rates. If you apply both mods, the rifle is clearly superior for crits than the shotgun.  

Actualy, Shotguns in general have pretty weak crit multipliers. Most go for 2.0. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Snip!

You do realize you're comparing a shotgun mod to a rifle right?

Considering Shotguns have the potential to be the most damage on target per shot than any weapon...

Your point is highly invalid.

the mods are balanced to weapon Catagory, not by simple "+120%" damage to everything.

Strong shotguns are - Boar Prime / Strun Wraith / Hek [with syndicate mod]

You can't compare these to Rifles, as Rifles will be superior, as they're the most common, efficient, and abundant primaries.

Shotguns do need love, but so do sniper rifles.

Edited by Skepsis

Welcome to the feedback forums.

Where "DELETE EVERYTHING" is considered constructive criticism.

Luckily Innocent Flower actually provided reasons on why these mods should be removed.

Because yes, Ravage and Point Blank are only meh right now.

But we're supposed to be getting shotgun buffs soon, Innocent Flower.

I think once those happen, Ravage and Point Blank (the originals) will be ok again.And the new ones will probably be somewhat overkill.

At the moment we should be patient.

Cause if they buff the originals now, when shotguns are in such a sorry state, they might be TOO strong when the shotgun buffs come. And then the primed ones will be like the fist of an angry god smiting all in its path.

I'm already expecting the KOHM to be boltor prime 3.0 when the shotty buffs arrive.

I can't wait, Kohm, Hek, and Phage want a word with those Nullifiers(too bad they still don't count damage per pellet as equal to damage per bullet, otherwise Hek would drop them UBER fast)

I love peoples argument well just don't use these poorly implemented mods because lets try not to get DE to fix originals instead. I mean Prime Point blank and Prime heavy trauma aren't worth credits/cores to level considering how niche those weapons are but don't try to fix original mods we need dem time sinks for vets!!

One or two crits don't mean much against ten or so non-crits. 

Vital sense increases crit damage by 120%

Split chamber increases multishot by 90%. 

Ravage increases crit damage by 60%

Hells chamber increases multishot by 120%. 

There's genuinely no reason for different crit rates. If you apply both mods, the rifle is clearly superior for crits than the shotgun.  

Actualy, Shotguns in general have pretty weak crit multipliers. Most go for 2.0. 

It seems like you've not used any crit builds on shotguns or you're being way to general with that 1st statement, my hek/strun wraith crits consistantly with and without any crit mods so im failing to see what you were trying to say.

No real need to reiterate the difference between the rifle vs shotgun mods again... but thanks, I think O.o?

Clearly you either can't understand what im trying to say or you just dont want to so i'll leave it there.

Edited by Temporary