Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Item That Can Combine 2 Mods Into 1 With Half Bonuses

Qb3rt

For your consideration!

Purchasable, potato-like item. Would really expand mod possibilities and combos. Am in between missions, having a really fun night, pausing to make sure I wrote this down. Obviously couldn't apply to skill mods I don't think. Anyways, yeah, back to my sniper post!

Then we would see people putting Reach or Focus or Streamline on every single other mod to stack the crap out of one thing.

That's a pretty weak reason not to have them, you could just limit them to one bonus type like the game already does.

Can't use two mods with Reach on them, problem solved.

Edited by Qb3rt

The game would need to get much harder for anything like this to even begin to make sense.

Why does the game have to be harder in order to justify giving players more options?

Why does the game have to be harder in order to justify giving players more options?

Because it would free up slots taken up by utility cards and allow more damage stacking. I can basically walk through pluto as it is with no worries. There are a fixed amount of slots for a reason, it forces you to choose between untility and damage.  

you want to run faster? have more manna? have more efficient mana usage? fine, but you must give up all those element damage mods or your shields/health/ armor.

That's a pretty weak reason not to have them, you could just limit them to one bonus type like the game already does.

Can't use two mods with Reach on them, problem solved.

Ultimately, my objection here is that for the amount of time it would take to overhaul how modding works sufficiently to account for all the problems that might spring up, you get almost no tangible benefit insofar as half-totals for most mods until they are at absolute max rank is pretty negligible. 10% reach is really not much in the scheme of things. It might become more apparent in a fully maxed out mods warframe (which won't happen on all but the most dedicated players, in most cases), but why not just sacrifice an ability to stick in another full strength mod?

I guess it's down to this: why spend time doing this? What scheme for your warframe can't be done at the moment with minor sacrifice?