Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

<Suggestion> For The Alert System, Not A Hate Thread.

TunaMayo

Id like to start of by saying I am neutral on the current alert system, I tend not to bother with it unless I see a heap of credits or a bp I fancy. I think of them as extras in the game.

However, DE you simply cannot ignore the reaction that the glaive has caused in the alert system, suggesting that the community wants and/or the game needs a new or updated system. Not only did the debut cause an uproar, but a glaive alert happened today and some kind people made multiple accounts (I believe correct me if im wrong and will remove) in order to aid people who would not happen to be online at the time. Is this the system you had in mind? I know the game has massively increased in popularity and I am pleased by this as im sure you are, I have no doubt this influx is a strain on your resources and you cant please everyone but that glaive alert post got over 4000 views in less than 6 hours, thats crazy!

My suggestion to appease the community is not to scrap the alert system entirely but alter it slightly:

1. Have 2 or more alerts a day, diving the number of hours in a day by the number of alerts. 2 alerts means 6 hours length, 4 means 3 hours length.

2. Dont have the alert reward pre determined, if it is a ? Alert, have the reward randomly generated for each squad.

You could still implement this with thw current RNG, with lower chances to get rare bps etc and higher for common stuff like artifacts.

I have no experience in programming so I dont know how hard this would be, but I believe this would stop all the "why do the alerts happen when im at work/asleep/at lunch" hatred. There would still be the hatred of the RNG god but that is to be expected. Atleast you would have an equal opportunity to get rare bps each alerr and people would always have a chance to do said alerts.

Also, side note, either make artifacts stack in strength or sellable as right now it is pointless obtaining the same artifact more than once.

Thats my opinion anyway. Sorry for spelling errors im on my phone.

The only point in this thread I agree with is make artifacts level-able or make it so we can sell them.
Personally, I like the Alerts system, maybe there could be a better system, maybe.
I'd rather see a new, alternative type of extra mission, I believe something was said about 8-man party dungeons at some point.

How random the alerts are is kinda cool. Yea, I've missed some alerts I wanted because I was at work, or washing the car, or taking a long shower, but the system is pretty random, so there's a chance I could just get the alert I want in the next couple hours. Or not. The possibility brings fun to the equation. Might be frustrating if you're looking for ONE specific item for weeks, but hey, that's why there's platinum, if you want it THAT bad, buy it.

I would like to see other things worked on first, secondary missions for example doubling credit rewards or having a chance for BP/rare mod rewards.
More types of mission than the current Exterminate, Spy, Sabotage, Deception, etc.

I think any sort of 8 man game would be too painful due to the peer to peer nature of the game. Whilst I agree with you, im not too fussed about the alert system, a lot of people are. It is never a good thing to have a significant proportion of the community actively disliking an aspect of the game.

Yes new mission types would be nice and we will get some in future. But is it not more efficient to balance what we already have in game to pleasing the majority rather than adding new stuff that will also need tweaking?

Not only did the debut cause an uproar, but a glaive alert happened today and some kind people made multiple accounts (I believe correct me if im wrong and will remove) in order to aid people who would not happen to be online at the time.

Not sure what you mean, what would that accomplish?

You can't trade stuff to other players so how would making multiple accounts help anyone?

----

@rest

The Alert system is clearly unfinished and a bridge between updates for higher level players.

Artifacts need a rework to be daily/weekly/monthly consumables with certain rarity. You propose a good system but I think DE has already plans how to handle alerts in the future/release.

Id like to start of by saying I am neutral on the current alert system, I tend not to bother with it unless I see a heap of credits or a bp I fancy. I think of them as extras in the game.

However, DE you simply cannot ignore the reaction that the glaive has caused in the alert system, suggesting that the community wants and/or the game needs a new or updated system. Not only did the debut cause an uproar, but a glaive alert happened today and some kind people made multiple accounts (I believe correct me if im wrong and will remove) in order to aid people who would not happen to be online at the time. Is this the system you had in mind? I know the game has massively increased in popularity and I am pleased by this as im sure you are, I have no doubt this influx is a strain on your resources and you cant please everyone but that glaive alert post got over 4000 views in less than 6 hours, thats crazy!

My suggestion to appease the community is not to scrap the alert system entirely but alter it slightly:

1. Have 2 or more alerts a day, diving the number of hours in a day by the number of alerts. 2 alerts means 6 hours length, 4 means 3 hours length.

2. Dont have the alert reward pre determined, if it is a ? Alert, have the reward randomly generated for each squad.

You could still implement this with thw current RNG, with lower chances to get rare bps etc and higher for common stuff like artifacts.

I have no experience in programming so I dont know how hard this would be, but I believe this would stop all the "why do the alerts happen when im at work/asleep/at lunch" hatred. There would still be the hatred of the RNG god but that is to be expected. Atleast you would have an equal opportunity to get rare bps each alerr and people would always have a chance to do said alerts.

Also, side note, either make artifacts stack in strength or sellable as right now it is pointless obtaining the same artifact more than once.

Thats my opinion anyway. Sorry for spelling errors im on my phone.

- Most of the rage is from people that think the alert rewards are made by people rather than randomly generated, so they need to suck it up and blame their own luck for not being there when it happened.

- The reason why there was this much of an "uproar" is because the glaive is a very popular weapon from the game Dark Sector, so obviously people can barely wait to get their hands on it. I'm pretty sure u never saw this much "crying" with any other alert rewards, even "potatoes" and the "dark sword" wich was highly requested to be added and when the time came to get it there was barely any complaining that people didnt get it.

- Making the rewards different for everi1 doesn't exactly change their luck, it's still the same if you really think about it, cuz in the end it's still randomly generated.

- If it's pointless to obtain artifacts more than once, don't do the mission.

I've already said this today and i'll say it again. People need to stop hating on the tool that gives them a chance to obtain what they cannot obtain trough normal means and instead be grateful that they have such a chance. Hating on the alerts for not giving you what you want when you want is like hating on the lottery for not giving you the jackpot, and all this "lottery" requires is your presence.

Not sure what you mean, what would that accomplish?

You can't trade stuff to other players so how would making multiple accounts help anyone?

----

@rest

The Alert system is clearly unfinished and a bridge between updates for higher level players.

Artifacts need a rework to be daily/weekly/monthly consumables with certain rarity. You propose a good system but I think DE has already plans how to handle alerts in the future/release.

After reading the multiple comments on the glaive alert thread, it would appear that people make new accounts and get clan mates to hop them to the alert worls. They then use these multiple accounts to open multiple lobbies so that many people who missed the alert can enter one of these lobbies that are kept open for hours.

Also kind of them, it doesnt seem like that is what was intended for alerts.

I have no doubt that DE have intentions towards the alert system, I think now is a good a time as any to leak to the community about said update.

- Most of the rage is from people that think the alert rewards are made by people rather than randomly generated, so they need to suck it up and blame their own luck for not being there when it happened.

- The reason why there was this much of an "uproar" is because the glaive is a very popular weapon from the game Dark Sector, so obviously people can barely wait to get their hands on it. I'm pretty sure u never saw this much "crying" with any other alert rewards, even "potatoes" and the "dark sword" wich was highly requested to be added and when the time came to get it there was barely any complaining that people didnt get it.

- Making the rewards different for everi1 doesn't exactly change their luck, it's still the same if you really think about it, cuz in the end it's still randomly generated.

- If it's pointless to obtain artifacts more than once, don't do the mission.

I've already said this today and i'll say it again. People need to stop hating on the tool that gives them a chance to obtain what they cannot obtain trough normal means and instead be grateful that they have such a chance. Hating on the alerts for not giving you what you want when you want is like hating on the lottery for not giving you the jackpot, and all this "lottery" requires is your presence.

I do not hate the system nor did I say I did. However we who do not are in the minority.

After reading the multiple comments on the glaive alert thread, it would appear that people make new accounts and get clan mates to hop them to the alert worls. They then use these multiple accounts to open multiple lobbies so that many people who missed the alert can enter one of these lobbies that are kept open for hours.

Also kind of them, it doesnt seem like that is what was intended for alerts.

I have no doubt that DE have intentions towards the alert system, I think now is a good a time as any to leak to the community about said update.

Well that then is cheating imho.

Quick fix: automatic disconnect on afk and general mission timer of max 1 hour.

Or just terminate all sessions in progress once the alert-phase ends, lets say 30 mins later.

I do not hate the system nor did I say I did. However we who do not are in the minority.

I didn't say you hate or hated, afterall you did say you're neutral about the current alert system, I was referring to those who hate on it because they think some1 is setting up their precious rewards when they are not present, even tho the system generates them randomly, or they just didn't get what they want when they wanted.

How random the alerts are is kinda cool. Yea, I've missed some alerts I wanted because I was at work, or washing the car, or taking a long shower, but the system is pretty random, so there's a chance I could just get the alert I want in the next couple hours. Or not. The possibility brings fun to the equation. Might be frustrating if you're looking for ONE specific item for weeks, but hey, that's why there's platinum, if you want it THAT bad, buy it.

+1

+1

Seeing how the alert system can net the players BPs of premium items (can we say "premium"?) I think it's fine as it is. In fact, there are few items, such as color options and sentinel cosmetics, that are platinum only (correct me if I'm wrong) and imo DE was generous to offer the Glaive and unique warframe helmets through the means of RNG. Yes, I miss the "?" alert most of the time, but the times I do make it.. I'll receive a sweet BP of some sort that's platinum only and I feel super lucky.