The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On The Glaive.

austinrelis

The glaive is a nice weapon. High charge damage, lot's of range (about 35-50 meters), and great polarity.

Yet there is one thing that holds me back while using this weapon. The bounce.

If I throw it and it hits someone, it goes flying off into the sky for at least 5-10 seconds, instead of just going through the guy and continuing on. This is a bad issue as I can go in with any other melee weapon and just hit the guy, run the next, and do the same. But with this Glaive, I have to wait for my weapon to come back. The chances of it hitting anyone on the bounce are low, the angles that flies at when hitting an object are completely random, and it barely hits people on the way back as it comes from the sky.

To remedy this, I recommend that they either remove the bounce and just have it go through enemies on a straight path and then back, or make it auto target 2-4 more enemies within a certain range (maybe 1-5 or 10 meters) and then return.

This would make it, for me, a much more fun and effective weapon.

Credit goes to RinVonStark for keeping up the alert 5-6 hours so I could get it. Let me know what you guys think of the bounce.

The glaive is a nice weapon. High charge damage, lot's of range (about 35-50 meters), and great polarity.

Yet there is one thing that holds me back while using this weapon. The bounce.

If I throw it and it hits someone, it goes flying off into the sky for at least 5-10 seconds, instead of just going through the guy and continuing on. This is a bad issue as I can go in with any other melee weapon and just hit the guy, run the next, and do the same. But with this Glaive, I have to wait for my weapon to come back. The chances of it hitting anyone on the bounce are low, the angles that flies at when hitting an object are completely random, and it barely hits people on the way back as it comes from the sky.

To remedy this, I recommend that they either remove the bounce and just have it go through enemies on a straight path and then back, or make it auto target 2-4 more enemies within a certain range (maybe 1-5 or 10 meters) and then return.

This would make it, for me, a much more fun and effective weapon.

Credit goes to RinVonStark for keeping up the alert 5-6 hours so I could get it. Let me know what you guys think of the bounce.

I made a video showing the bounce can be part controlled and used to hit other mobs. 

http://youtu.be/t3bUP1rkdeY

Actually for me it does open the storage crates and whatnot.

The thrown glaive or just the regular melee? I was referring to the throw just bouncing off those hexagonal prism looking things that give energy and affinity.