Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Intel - Theories And Speculation!

JoeyZero

So, the Corpus writing in the Lotus Intel message seems to state "MOA NAME TBD - EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE AGAINST TENNO". From what the devs have mentioned, and what we know about update 8, let's see if we can connect the dots. ^_^

What we know:
-There are lots of Corpus coming from *somewhere*... we just don't know where they came from or where they're going.

-Update 8 is bringing us Dojos and Orokin maps.

My theory:

The corpus have found some lost (but still functioning) Orokin ruins or outpost or something. Once they arrived, they studied all of the Orokin technologies they found, and have since used them to reverse-engineer the technologies that the Tenno are built on, and (in true Corpus style) set up a robotics manufacturing plant there to make use of the new technologies. This would have the potential to give birth to a newer, more powerful Corpus army.

This, of course, could also lead to the introduction of a new boss (perhaps some experimental orokin-based quad walker or something), but could also pave the way for the creation of the dojo - Perhaps finding these lost structures has 'relieved' the tenno of their amnesia (or a part of it)? Or maybe once they've got an example to go by, they start building their own orokin-inspired dojos to feel more connected to their ancient roots?

How'd I do?

Looks interesting, but the image in the background of the intel video looks like a mega-moa more than a Jackal/Hyena kind of thing. It also retains traditionally Corpus outlines (boxy and geometrical), so unfortunately I'm going to guess you're wrong.

I think (since there has been talk of new factions in the future) this update will add another planetoid to the map which is a massive Corpus base. That... OR, and I like this because it fits the "stay on high alert" and "invasion" themes of the intel video, OR a Corpus counterpart to the Stalker.

It also retains traditionally Corpus outlines (boxy and geometrical)...

Ah, I figured it looked more orokin... Shaped like a flower or something... almost similar to the shape of the founder's badge, or the preview we've been given of what the ruins will look like (here - http://imgur.com/ibvlEPl )

Edited by JoeyZero

Looks like we are both going to be correct. ^_^

Chairmen

The Key Works

We will profit. Orokin salvage is incredible. The weapon fusion was a success. The new machines eviscerated our captured Tenno specimen. There are millions prepared. Should we launch? The traitorous Lotus will not be forever blind to our plan.

Please advise.

Collector Apacus

Looks like we are both going to be correct. ^_^

Chairmen

The Key Works

We will profit. Orokin salvage is incredible. The weapon fusion was a success. The new machines eviscerated our captured Tenno specimen. There are millions prepared. Should we launch? The traitorous Lotus will not be forever blind to our plan.

Please advise.

Collector Apacus

Is this a translation of the text from the second alert? If so, then there are some very interesting things here, for sure.

Pretty sure that's speculation.

Well, after some sleuthing around the interwebs it seems that is indeed the translation of the Corpus text.

But that leaves a few good questions:

"The Key Works": What key? What does it work on?

"The traitorous Lotus": Although the Lotus clearly isn't on good terms with the Corpus, this does suggest that the two groups may be linked somehow. Although, I wouldn't say so without more confirmation.

Any more ideas, folks?