Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limit The Voting System To Specific Sub-Forums

SymphNo9

Please hear me out before you downvote me.

If DE insist on keeping the voting system on the forums, then I suggest to strictly limit the feature for specific selected sub-forums only. Specific sub-forums such as "Player helping Players", "News", and "Updates". Why? Because from my experience with a voting feature on forums, seem to only have a general positive effect when the thread is about helping or being curious and asking for information about a subject.

Note that, this experience is mainly from a programmer's point of view, as the examples in mind is from StackOverflow and MSDN forum, heck even the Yahoo Answers tend to have no problem with a voting feature.

So, if the voting feature was limited to said areas, a legitimate discussion in the general chat wouldn't be spoiled by a few people with many puppets and would remove the incentive to make the puppets in the first place. I mean, why down vote a question in the Player helping Player section, unless it is blatantly out of place? Good advices will most likely be promoted, while bad advices will be in the red.

This also means, all the suggestion sections would neither have the voting feature, because I'm more than sure that DE is capable of filtering out the noise without having the need to look at a number to see if it is green or red. And the same goes to the general discussions.

Ok, I may surrender now.