The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Dagger Just Plain Bad?

Qb3rt

I can't seem to find any info on this weapon. I'm guessing that is because very few even have one, since the BP only comes from a "?" alert reward (which I managed to get yesterday).

So far after leveling it to ~20 I haven't found a reason this Dagger exists or why it would ever be used in place of a Heat Dagger -- which does everything the Dark Dagger does, +5 base normal damage, +AoE fire damage on jump attacks.

I have to be missing something here. Seems like an awfully horrible weapon for such a rare drop.

Daggers have a high attack rate and are the quickest melee weapons in the game. Making it possble to perhaps stun lock an enemy (armored targets for the dark dagger).  It is also very handy on getting hits on quick armored bosses (Jakal, every Greneer boss). But it is out classed by all the other melee weapons in damage. The Dark Dagger used to catch people on fire on a ground pound like the Heat eapons but I think they got rid of that. That's all I got for ya.

They're essentially made for shanking Grineer. I've got a Dark Dagger, Heat Dagger, and Ceramic Dagger. They're all pretty similar, it comes down to cosmetics mainly, plus/minus the fire AOE for the Heat Dagger. I used the Ceramic Dagger the most and it just chews through Lancers.

Nononon

I have one.

Just tested it unranked - 2 charge kills on grineer lancer lvl 28. Its a beast!

It has very high critical chance, so boosting it's critical chance is a must. Then you can either go in Base attack boost (Fury+Melee dmg) or Charge attack boost (Chrg speed+Chrg damage)

If you use potato on it you will be able to one-shot any medium grineer. (Especiall if combined with Ash's stealth)

Nononon

I have one.

Just tested it unranked - 2 charge kills on grineer lancer lvl 28. Its a beast!

It has very high critical chance, so boosting it's critical chance is a must. Then you can either go in Base attack boost (Fury+Melee dmg) or Charge attack boost (Chrg speed+Chrg damage)

If you use potato on it you will be able to one-shot any medium grineer. (Especiall if combined with Ash's stealth)

hm im always saw the daggers somehow useless but, yet mentiond i need 2 try that out since ash is my little fav

just test some dps in smokescreen with scindo,zoren and a dagger

Edit: i will test both, ceramic and dark dagger and the furax aswell. lets see who hits harder

Edited by Depar