The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfing The Fling

PureBeurre

I realize that I might get quite a bit of hate for saying this but the Ether Blades (I BELIEVE can't confirm since I dont' have a pair of them) need to be nerfed. Not the damage of them but thir ability to fling the user impossible lengths across the screen. It makes no sense (and don't get on me with that this is a game stuff) that a pair of blades could make you faster than every character ability or mod could ever make you.  This has dampened my game experience because a coulple of guys fling them selves across the map speed running the objective. Then when they finish the speed run to the exit causing the timer to start, and if you are a tanky character with low speed you'll never reach it and even if you aren't chances are you won't make it any way, and if you don't reach there in time you lose your bonuses. I like fighting enemys and looking at the games art but I am constantly put in a situation where I can do neither. All I as is that the ability to fling yourself across the screen be taken away or nerfed so that me and others like me can get back to enjoying our game experience. To those who use the blades please think of the other players you are with and slow down and allow them to catch up. Also think about if you were to die up ahead we would never be able to reach you. Well I have said my piece leave your comments and hate below.

Sincerely, 

PureBeurre

You can do this with any fast weapon

I do it, but I don't rush, I kill everything  and help my team. Its probably the only reason I still play. I have moments where I chain a double slash against a shockwave moa, and fluidly do a jump slash into a nearby leech osprey, and it feels amazing.

If this is an exploit/bug, it should be reported to the DEs appropriately. I personally have not experienced anything resembling what you say, but it's also a little unclear as to what you're complaining about.  I'd really appreciate a better explanation of what's going on, so that I (and others) can understand what's going on in these games.

You're right, sir, your fun is better than everyone else's fun, so let's nerf something interesting and nice for people in late game stages. Why should DE bother implementing filters or alter the host/join process when they can simply nerf everything that doesn't make everyone identical in every way?

Protip: If you want to play a certain way and that way only, either host private games with your friends or join a clan where you'll always have likeminded people to play with. Remember that randoms have no more control over who they're joining than you do.

You can do this with any fast weapon

I do it, but I don't rush, I kill everything  and help my team. Its probably the only reason I still play. I have moments where I chain a double slash against a shockwave moa, and fluidly do a jump slash into a nearby leech osprey, and it feels amazing.

You can do with with any weapon besides fist weapons, Fragor, Scindo, Gram

EDIT :  You can also do this VIA, a simple wall, and btw. It doesn't make you go faster than volt sprint

Edited by Smith0rz