Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Level Ranges Across Systems

securitywyrm

I would like to propose a change to the mod system that would give each system a level range, such that the player with maxed out gear who goes to a mercury mission won't find themselves a walking god. Please bear in mind this is just a concept and I welcome feedback that builds upon the idea. 

This system involves two steps

Step 1: Create a level range for each system

Step 2: Create a linear load order for mods

In step 1, each system is assigned a maximum level. For example, let's say the maximum level on Mercury is 10. That means that no matter how high your warframe and equipment, it won't be treated as higher than 10. That brings us to step 2.

In step 2, the mod screen now has a linear load order. That means you load your mods sequentially rather than as one big batch. When you take your equipment to a mission where the level is below the equipment level, it starts temporarily removing mods from the end of the load order until the weapon is fit to go.

EXAMPLE

You've got a nice level 30 boltor, but you're going to a Venus mission which has a maximum level of 15. You don't have an orokin catalist, so your weapon can take up to 15 mod slots.

Here's the sequence in your load order, by power cost

[5] [7] [10] [3] [6]

Since the power has to get dropped down to 15, it becomes this

[5] [7] [X] [X] [X]

It cuts off mods from the end until it reaches 15. Of course, you could adjust your mod order a bit, swap that 10 and the 3 and you'd get the 5, 7 and 3 still active. It depends on what mods are important to you.

And before people jump down my throat about this, please bear in mind this is just a CONCEPT idea about how high-powered equipment can be brought to low level missions without becoming godly. 

First ideea could be ok, it would keep things more challenging, GW2 has a similar system,  but i disagree with the second one, we would waste too much time managing mods, kills all the fun.

Good idea,  there is something similar to this system in  GW2 , so high level chars won`t exterminate whole map effectively stopping other players.

(in our case it might atleast partially fix the problem with rushers.)

The problem might be in structure of game itself as the game is hosted on p2p model ( correct me if i`m wrong please) so whole scaling

would be done either on client side ( might severely prolong loading times ) or on Matchmaking server side ( huge load to servers which are not

probably built for this kind of load)

I`m not sure if the strict removing mods would be good idea ( maybe more along the lines of scaling the mods down by appropriate level) thou.