Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take Sprinting Off Stamina, Use It For Blocking

securitywyrm

Recently I've taken to doing the whirlwind attack (where you slide and then melee) constantly to go through a level. I don't enjoy doing this, but it's the only way that I can keep up with the rest of the group, and I dislike being left behind and running through empty rooms.

I've noticed that the +stamina, +sprint and +stamina regen mods have become the new go-to mods for getting through a level. Pretty much any level but defense and extermination is most efficiently completed by sprinting and slide-striking past all the enemies until you hit the objective points.

Since players are going to be sprinting nearly all the time anyway, I'd like to propose removing sprint from draining stamina. Players don't run out of stamina mid-battle due to how far they're able to sprint with a marathon mod, and much of the game has thus become a sequence of sprinting and walking.

Now, what does stamina become used for? I'd like to propose augmenting the block mechanic. Introduce mods that effectively make blocking a shield. A mod to give a chance of reflecting attacks, a mod to decrease damage taken when blocking, a mod to enable a counterstrike if you time a block to an enemy melee attack...

TL:DR: Everyone's always sprinting, stamina bars just annoy rather than limit. Take stamina off sprinting, use it for blocking.

It is not like people have been complaining about rushers who storm trough the level and leaving you behind with the hords of enemies they ignored, and denying you your rewards by not waiting for you at the extraction point.

Oh wait, they are  complaining...

Bottom line: do not encourage selfish rushers.