The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hate You, Ancient Disruptor!

battlelamb

Honestly, the only problem I have with Ancient Disruptors is simply that they take ALL shields AND ALL energy in just one single hit. That's 580 shields and 225 (Or was it 250? I don't quite remember) energy from my excalibur instantly taken out. This isn't always a problem, but when you have three or four of the bastards on you at once, not to mention all the other infested, then you're pretty much screwed unless you try to just ignore them and run away, which doesn't even work all the time, particularly on extermination missions where you HAVE to kill them.

I think it would be one hell of a lot better if they only killed half shields and half energy, or just shields then energy (or vice versa), but not all of both in just one hit. Everything else about them (their health, defenses, damages, speed, etc.) is just fine the way it is, IMO, but that drain is way overpowered and often brings the game to a screeching halt.

Draining shields is a good thing. Draining energy, too as that makes them primary target.

But the flaw is you're not allowed to do mistakes as once you killed him you're out of energy (shields regen).

So why not just add the little thing : for each 100 energy absrobed, the Ancient WILL release a blue orb of 25 energy. SO that if you survive the engagement you're not totally without energy (you get a little of your energy back by killing him)

So they would still be powerfull but let you a small chance of doing mistakes (they're just too punishing at the moment)

Edited by vieuxchat

Oh god... I just went through hell in a mission. Rescue mission, in the cells room. Four disruptors, three healers, and I don't even know how many chargers, all surrounding me nad constantly knocking me down, not giving me a chance to get up, move, fight, or do anything but die. I would have thought that a level 12 Ash frame with many upgraded defense mods and weapons of the same level with many mods increasing their power would be able to breeze through an infested mission on Mars... Usually I can, but seriously, four disruptors, plus three healers, plus multiple chargers? Come on now, one mistake and you've completely screwed, especially since the Ancients seem to be faster and have MUCH more stamina than my Ash does, so I can't even outrun them!

Not saying anything should be changed (other than what I previously stated in this thread), just ranting because it was a very frustrating experience.