Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forums Difficult To Access From Main Page

Judopunch

Re-posted from general discussion in the proper forum.

Toss it into Website & Forum Feedback. The devs will probably take a look. :D Or I can do it once I get home if you like.

I recall I had trouble getting into the forums as a new player because it kept telling me only players in beta could. Might be a remnant of Closed Beta. I'd go check if I can access the forums while logged out, but the logout page keeps telling me access is denied, so I'll give it a look when I go home. Either way, yeah, you're right - players wanting to know more should be able to access the forums.

If this is the case I wonder if the choice is intentional to not advertise the forums or if it just needs to be updated... When I am interested in a game I often visit the forums first to gather general information.

If it's the same thing I experience, I suspect it's because you get logged out. Being logged in on the forums and on the main site doesn't appear to always be linked, and the Community button doesn't show up if you're not logged in there. If the button seems missing, check if you're logged in.

Why on www.warframe.com does the forum/community section not always show up? Sometimes there is a button there and sometimes there is not.

OP:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38796-forums-not-linking-from-main-page/?p=367812

Thanks!

Also, update!

As far as I can tell, logins for the main website and the forums are entirely separate - that is, you can be logged into the forums and logged out of the main website. That's what usually causes the main website to fail to display the 'Community' tab. Currently, it is impossible for players without an account to view the forums (they get redirected to either the home or the login page, depending on whether you try to access the main forums or a specific topic respectively). It may, however, be prudent to allow potential players access to the forums so that they can get a general idea of the community and game if they want to. :)

On that note, the same issue with the logins being separate causes another problem. It is currently impossible to sign out of the forums. Clicking on the sign out button will sign you out of the main website rather than the forums, and your forum account will remain logged in. Attempting to click sign out again results in "You are not authorized to access this page."

In other words, we're all trapped in the forums. 8D

(Unless it's just me. Singapore does weird things with IP addresses due to some sort of censorship law, I think, so I'm effectively constantly forced through a proxy with an IP address that changes every second or so. Even most dynamic IP addresses don't change that aggressively, from my research... Ah well.)

Edited by Quetzhal