Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Critical Hit Charge Bar

Nixsy

Hi I know my one and only other thread was not exactly a hit so I will try to make amends with this one.

My idea is to add a critical hit bar for weapons that have a charge attack. I do not know if some of you have played old games like tiger woods but when taking a shot there was a sweet spot that overcharged the ball sending more power than is normally possible into in thus making it go further. 

I think that also to having a sweet spot it should also have a large fail area where the attack would lose power and not cause as much damage.

I have tried to do a little photoshop to add a visual representation of my idea, I am not a photoshop wiz by far so forgive the bad art.

cGnGSCK.jpg

The reasoning behind this idea is I find when on endless wave or surrounded by hordes, I mindlessly mash the 'E' button and sometimes even end up still mashing the button long after the enemy's are gone. This could add a new element to all chargeable weapons and add a little more 'spice' to the game in general.

As a side note the charge speed when increased would also make hitting the 'sweet spot' harder to do. Maybe a module or something attached to player level could increase the size of it and therefore make it more likely to hit.

Thank you for reading my post. 

Edited by Nixsy

I really like this idea  because it adds another layer to the melee instead of just "mash E" or "just charge".You could also use the glowing animation when we are charging our melee weapons as a sign of this "sweet spot", that way, everything will be centered around where the action is instead of a bar in the middle. You would preferably glint yellow or perhaps a "*shing* noise to go along with it as a signal.

This reminds me of several weapons in the devil may cry series like Gilgamesh, Red Queen and Beowulf since they have those powered up attacks if you hit it at the right time.

Edited by Cestus

I really like this idea  because it adds another layer to the melee instead of just "mash E" or "just charge".You could also use the glowing animation when we are charging our melee weapons as a sign of this "sweet spot", that way, everything will be centered around where the action is instead of a bar in the middle. You would preferably glint yellow or perhaps a "*shing* noise to go along with it as a signal.

This sounds like a much better idea than the power bar =)