The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Assassin/new Warframe Lore Foundation

(PSN)Faulcon1

Let's re-tell the Warframe trailer with a little twist:

Being awoken from cryostasis for an unknown period of time only to be dropped to the floor, this Tenno struggles to stand upon his/her feet.  In an unknown time, in an unknown place, with little memory, he looks up.  Despite lack of memory from the cryostasis, he suddenly remembers what fear feels like.  For before him stands hoards of Corrupted foes all under the control of the Neural Sentry.  Disoriented, weak, weaponless, and without Tenno brethren to come to his aid... he despairs.

And thus sets the stage for a (prime?) warframe/Tenno to be in the Void, under the control of the Neural Sentry, and a valid assassin for Void missions.  Afterall, if Vor could be corrupted, why couldn't a Tenno?  There may be a possibility to incorporate it into the Derelict missions.  This idea could be taken in a couple different directions:

1)  New warframe:  Warframe parts would drop from this assassin much like weapon parts drop from the other assassins.  Since this would be a warframe from way back when, it could open up the possibility of a Prime warframe without a non-Primed variant.  Perhaps marks are acquired from Corrupted Vor?

2)  The assassin could be any of the existing warframes.  This way, you wouldn't know what warframe you were up against until it spawned (or maybe the taunt could reveal it, I suppose).

The weapon load-out could either be random for every spawn or a set load-out.  If #2 is used, perhaps each warframe has a unique load-out.

Give the assassin a Wyrm Prime!  Or the next prime sentinel... or prime kubrow (not sure how that would work).  The G3 have a sentinel so it's not a far-fetched idea for the assassin to have a companion.

They should also activate any traps, lasers, turrets, etc in the vicinity (and be immune to the lasers?).

Stalker gets a cool smokey effect upon entrance.  I think this assassin should drop from the ceiling.  They are a Tenno, a space ninja, too.  They should also activate Heavy Impact upon landing.  That'll add some dramatic flair to the entrance.

They could drop Ducats upon defeat.  We're talking about the Void, afterall.

Perhaps a random prime blueprint could drop as well.  This would either be from all Void drop tables or only from the one matching the type of mission being run at the time.

I love the assassins because they add an unexpected twist and moment of excitement in the mission.  Plus, if it were possible for this assassin to spawn and the Stalker at the same time, I would love to see these two fight each other!  But I suppose that depends on the Neural Sentry's disposition towards the Stalker.  They could be buddy-buddy for all I know.

It's still an idea in its infancy but I think it's a pretty neat one.  If I come up with more ideas, I'll be sure to post them.  Let me know what you think!  I'm sure DE appreciates it when the community finds all the problems with ideas and proposes solutions.  It must be a great starting point for their implementation of the ideas!