The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Should Have Been Buffed Not Snipertron!

Jumba255

I thought that the situations for Snipetron is very limited due to its long range, and not suit for assault style of the game. If Paris needs faster speed projectile and bigger zoom, then Paris will outperform Snipetron even at extreme range. So basically, i think you guys are asking Paris to be a weapon that excels at everything: High base damage, Armor Piercing, Fast reload time, fast projectile, can aoe (hit multiple targets in a line), good at extreme range, and good at close range.

Use Speed Trigger and Fast Hand mod if you want faster charge time and reload time. Don't tell me that Snipetron doesn't need those mods to be viable. Both weapons have to use those mod to be viable

Edited by Ksdsdf

I'm perfectly fine with the "reload" time of the paris, it's the draw time that's necessary that makes me >T

The snipetron does 4 shots in a row at 100 base damage before a reload (which does armour piercing damage now, bonus damage to grineer, full damage to corpus, reduced damage to infested), the paris can match its fire rate but does half the damage if it does and is still a skill shot weapon (which I fully approve of, skill shot weapons are awesome).  To match the damage you have to draw arrows at about 1/3 to 1/2 the reload time of the snipetron.  That doesn't really seem fair to me.

I'm perfectly fine with the "reload" time of the paris, it's the draw time that's necessary that makes me >T

The snipetron does 4 shots in a row at 100 base damage before a reload (which does armour piercing damage now, bonus damage to grineer, full damage to corpus, reduced damage to infested), the paris can match its fire rate but does half the damage if it does and is still a skill shot weapon (which I fully approve of, skill shot weapons are awesome).  To match the damage you have to draw arrows at about 1/3 to 1/2 the reload time of the snipetron.  That doesn't really seem fair to me.

It's because we don't have stealth rewards at the moment. 

I think if we just focus on making the paris plain better, when stealth comes around, it'll be blatantly overpowered. If we focus on making it a unique weapon with things like thunderbolt (which completely change its niche), then there are no balance issues about stealth.