Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Energy, And It's Conservative Value

vieuxchat

The problem at the moment with energy is that the game puts a high value on keeping it.

Why not use a returned energy system : here is the idea.

Each time you use a skill you spend the energy, then you get it back at some rate (maybe 2 energy per second, so a 100 skill would need 50 sec to get all your energy back).

The idea is that if you cast another skill before you get all your energy back, the remaining is lost.

So you can still spam skills but you would be runing dry soon enough. But if you learn to time your skills you could really rely on them.

One more important point : if you get hit while your energy regen, then you lose the remaining energy (like if you cast a skill).

The devs wouldn't need to rebalance everything : just reduce drastically the blue orb drops. The energy regen functions are already there (like with the energy suiphon).

Ps: Yes, it's an idea borrowed from street fighter 4 and it's counter mechanic.

Edited by vieuxchat

Ancient Disruptors put a high value on spending it. I did 10 waves in a defense mission and used 1-2 powers because I wanted to use them while in a group of mobs. Then an Ancient Disruptor would fall on my head auto hit me from up to (what seemed like) 10 meters away and prevent me from using an AOE to get out of the group of mobs. I wouldn't mind if mobs had a little different drain mechanic.

The problem at the moment with energy is that the game puts a high value on keeping it.

Why not use a returned energy system : here is the idea.

Each time you use a skill you spend the energy, then you get it back at some rate (maybe 2 energy per second, so a 100 skill would need 50 sec to get all your energy back).

The idea is that if you cast another skill before you get all your energy back, the remaining is lost.

So you can still spam skills but you would be runing dry soon enough. But if you learn to time your skills you could really rely on them.

One more important point : if you get hit while your energy regen, then you lose the remaining energy (like if you cast a skill).

The devs wouldn't need to rebalance everything : just reduce drastically the blue orb drops. The energy regen functions are already there (like with the energy suiphon).

Ps: Yes, it's an idea borrowed from street fighter 4 and it's counter mechanic.

Eh, sounds like it would slow down the game.  Right now, we use powers to kill enemies, and then move forward to collect the dropped orbs.  In your proposed version, we would use powers to kill enemies, and then hide behind cover so as not to lose our energy regen.  And you can imagine powers that require running into groups of enemies (like most of the ultimates) almost guaranteeing that you'll take a hit from somewhere afterwards, and therefore lose that regen.  

It would also discourage using multiple powers in short order, which is not a good thing when a lot of skills are meant to play off of each other (like decoy + switch tele).