Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operations Event

parkel

Looks to me like this event/game mode will be sticking around for a while.

Understandably, first time events/game modes are always in beta.

Since it is supposedly in beta (we're in OBT afterall), I see that there are a few problems that could be fixed: 

1) Too much to kill within a short period of time (won't know until Monday, but I'll throw this in here anyway).

2) No incentive to killing the Fusion MOAs.

3) Spawn rate is way too low.

4) Spawning of Fusion MOAs only exist in Europa (1 sector). 

-------------------------------------------

For point 1, as mentioned above, we won't know until Monday arrives. I do hope we make it to 100% though. 

Something to add to the results screen (for the sake of eye candy) would be to show how many Fusion MOAs are killed, along with the amount of percentage a single player/his team has contributed to the overall amount (might be too hard to implement).

For point 2, there should be an incentive (other than getting to 100%) for each Fusion MOA killed. 

Currently, as it stands, killing Fusion MOAs mean nothing to people. They're just a new normal mob, much like Shockwave MOAs.

My suggestion is to have incentives for killing them (be it alone or in a group). For each kill that a single player/a group makes, points are added to a universal system (for future Operations?) which can then be exchanged for either Rare 5 Fusion Cores (considering how hard they are to get now) or other Rare mods like Flow/Streamline. 

For point 3, we'll also have to wait till Monday to see how it goes. As it currently stands, however, I feel the spawn rate is a little low, considering that we have to kill tons of them. 

Point 4 holds almost the same degree of doubt as point 3 does. 

But if I were the Corpus, I would deploy them in all available sectors to generate the largest profits by taking over as many Grineer/Infested ships as possible.

What I mean by this, is essentially making a Fusion MOA invasion (of sorts...). In any mission you join, there will be spawns (around 5 to 6 per mission) of Fusion MOAs, no matter the faction you're facing.

i feel like people are jumping the gun. its way too early to tell. its only been one late night and a saturday morning, of which most people spend sleeping. its noon now and the %  seems to be going up faster.

i do agree that incentive is important. you cant be all secretive in these kinds of things, not for a 2 day event. if you want to make people stick it out for that long (their entire weekend) there needs to be a clear goal to reach for. if that holds water then there is no need for incentives for individual kills.

the map thing is meh. not the worst part about it but it does limit you one way or another. you could be too high or too low for the content. or not have access to it. taking the time to lvl some weps tho.

Edited by MetalGerbil