Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unequipping And Reequipping Mods Is Tedious (Unneccessary?)

Altimeter

My biggest frustration with the game as of right now is the fact that if I want to switch weapons or warframes, it involves taking my good mods out of whatever I'm switching away from, hitting apply, switching to the new thing, searching through all the mods, and putting the configuration back together.

There's also the problem of forgetting mods on a weapon or warframe, then searching through the entire stash of weapons to find them again.

This process is pretty much impossible to do quickly, so if I'm in a party that's moving from system to system quickly, I either have to drop party and rejoin them later, or accidentally get forced into a mission with an unmodded/partially modded gun.

Proposed Solution: Make the mod configurations not take the mod out of your inventory, but rather merely show that it's equipped to something.  You can't equip duplicates of the same mod to the same weapon anyway.

The only potential annoyance I can think of would be upgrading a mod that's equipped to multiple weapons now has to check and make sure it's not going to push any of the weapons over their mod limit--but frankly I'd rather deal with that warning than deal with re-equipping my mods every time I switch guns!

they were working on a profile system. would would imply you could switch loadouts as well as mods by switching profiles.

others might have more info on it. but yeah it seems like they are working on something to help with that.

I want something like this so much.  I just got my Serration mod up to 105% damage.  It took a lot of dupes and a lot of fusion cores and a nice stack of creds.  There's no way I'm going to bother trying to get a second Serration mod up that high just so I don't have to avoid switching my mods around.  Allowing any mod you have to simply be equipped without needing duplicates would be a nice quality of life change.

they were working on a profile system. would would imply you could switch loadouts as well as mods by switching profiles.

others might have more info on it. but yeah it seems like they are working on something to help with that.

This would be awesome. Having different profiles for different configurations/weapons that we can switch on the fly. Also it'll be nice if multiple profiles can use the same specific mod that has been overclocked, so for example, switching weapons would automatically unequip the mods and will be ready to be equipped with the next weapon with a simple click from the profiles.

I think he's saying you shouldn't have to unequip a mod to use fusion on it.  Would make the new system just about perfect for me.

The current system does this. You are able to fusion mods even when they are equipped.

I get what the OP is saying, You don't want to have to swap mods between frames. Except that would mean once you have one maxed out, there's no reason to get any more of that mod. I like the system as it is, it makes you actually think about what you have. And besides, apart from the rare mods like Flow (Damn you flow!), most of them drop a fair bit anyway.