Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Loss Prevention. Have Mods Drop At Enemy's Feet.

43Emprah

Like the title suggests, I propose mods drop directly at the enemy's feet. Currently, they launch out of an enemy upon death. This has proved problematic on several occasions, especially due to bolt-type weapons, like the Paris, Boltor, Bolto/Akbolto. In several missions, including high level defense, the enemy is killed on a catwalk, or near railing and the mod simply gets launched off into the abyss. Losing mods in this fashion can be quite frustrating. If the mod was simply placed at the exact location the enemy stood upon death, this would no longer occur. Sure, loot flying from an enemy's corpse LOOKS cool, but I think we'd all agree, that actually being able to retrieve that loot is much more important.

I'd rather they just get awarded to the player when you kill the enemy.... Stops all the issues of losing everything. I guess this can be argued as being a game feature and you must pay attention and hunt more but still, seems a bit odd.

It's been suggested many times, and there doesn't seem to be a good argument in favor of the current physics causing items to go flying all over the place at random. A bit puzzling why this hasn't been fixed yet unless the devs are just purposely trolling us (entirely possible :)

I can absolutely get behind this.  I mean, there are some times when it seems like mods are launched out of the enemy's face with a cannon and I have to chase it 50-100 feet or something ridiculous like that.  That's annoying enough as it is.  When I see the mod fall down a bottomless pit I uselessly try to jump after it.