The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My List Of Critiques

lufia22

- Make loot, particularly rare loot like blueprints and rare materials, more noticeable when picked up.

- Make melee floating combat damage more noticeable. It's really hard for me to notice how much damage my melee attacks are doing.

- On the system map, can we have a top down view or a side list of selectable planets, please?

- Allow equipped mods to be visible from any mod window to allow for more convenient fusion.

- Figure out a way to display blueprint mats before you buy the blueprint. As a newb, it sucks to buy something like an AKBolto BP and not realize it takes two Boltos before I can even use it.

- Allow melee weapons to be compared. I'm really not sure why they aren't...

1. Yes

2. No opinion, I kill to fast or to slow anyway

3. Please explain

4. Yes Please

5. Wiki. Off I usually have my iPad next to me when I play so I can have forum/wiki/and alert twitter up at same time.

6. You can't compare them?

6. You can't compare them?

not so easly like the other wpn's, i'll show you

odz77kxt.jpg

And because of 5. Yes it would be nice if you see the ressources on the BP in the shop

Edited by Depar

For the planets, the whole 3D orbiting map is kinda annoying. Sometimes planets end up behind another and it makes it annoying to see/select them. When you're new, it's confusing where planets are. If anything, put hovering names above them at least. Yes, knowledge of the solar system make some of them obvious, but similar looking ones that are roughly in the same area (i.e. Mars and Venus) can be confusing, as well as others like Ceres and Europa, which may not be as well known.

Some more...

- If you want support abilities, offer a better group interface. Allow me to enable hovering player names and have the party Armor/HP always shown.

- Better centralize the HUD. I'd like my Armor/HP and what not center stage and not in a corner. At least offer these things as options.

- I haven't been into the game long enough, but something has to be done with P2P connections. If we're sticking with P2P, I'd like to see better matchmaking options. Perhaps some sort of rating system could exist. For example, players could rate their connection experience after each match. Whoever is hosting's rating will change. Over time, player's connection rating would reflect whether they're a good host or not, and the matchmaking system could give them priority for host.

Lufia22 may be my long lost twin, I 100% agree with him on everything he said.

As far as the P2P connections, a simple option to give up hosting, forcing the host to another party member would solve a majority of the problems.  My guess is that most people who have old computers or spotty wireless connections know this, and don't really wanna be host, they just happen to be the first person who clicked on the mission.  I would love this option because I have to use a VPN thru the Netherlands to get chat to work (apparently my ip is banned from their irc server) and the resulting lag is not pretty.  I usually just play with no chat so if I end up hosting I don't ruin everyone's game.

Centralizing the HUD is a brilliant idea that I don't think I've seen anyone mention here before.  I think most people are just resigned to the fact that most games have horrible UIs.  Game designers for the most part seem to think the UI is unimportant.  My guess is that UI work is what they stick the new guy with.  That and documentation.