Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Future "operations" Beefed Up, Imo

Reviction

This first operation is a great idea, I really like it! But I think it should be stepped up a notch for future ops.

Hypothetically: This MOA army that's attacking Europa would be on one specific current (or new) area on Europa. Can call it "Tenno Front Lines".

Ideally, it would be 8 players (4 is fine), and it would basically be Defense style (on a new tileset, I can hope right?) with nothing BUT Fusion MOAs.

You could have a wave reward like current defense, but it would even be cool if they just kept coming with no breaks and no end in sight for, say, 10-15 waves. That would be intense, and a true invasion style army of FMOAs.

And for future operations, I think it would be great to incentivize them a little - xp bonus, credit bonus, suped-up random mission success mods/BPs, something of the like. Don't get me wrong, a (possible) new frame is super exciting and is more than enough, but every Operation won't be able to shell out a brand new frame.

Overall I love it and the community involvement and teamwork that's encouraged/required. Would be great to see some more epicness added in the future. 

Although I do agree that we need a "frontline" sort of thing to attack the specific enemy and do more effective mass killing, making it so that the waves are "endless" prevents you from frequently grinding due to the enormous pressure it can put on a player or even the entire team. Reviving would be even more difficult without Rhino/Frost around.

Personally, I love the general idea that I can't even waste a second unless I want to risk being overrun. But it would require the increasing level increments to be nerfed due to the fact that the enemies are more powerful than normal ones (those fusion MOAs ate my shields in only seconds, similar to pre-nerf Grineer Lancers).

It'd be restricted to high modded frames as well. On my defense waves with Ash, I have 500 shields and 750 hp, and by wave 5~10 I get to around 30-100 hp leftover, and this is including the massive use of Smokescreen and Blade Storm, along with demolishing them with Hek from a closer range. My shield recharge rate wasn't especially high, so obviously I would've died a lot sooner if I didn't have a potato and rank 28-30 on my Ash. If there was a way to get lower modded players into the scene without restricting them to Wave 5 or 10, it'd boost the speed of this and effectively make the grind less painful while being more accessible.

I'd prefer a mobile defense style mission, where you're uploading crucial information on the background story (e.g. who's specifically manufacturing the fusion moas, where are they being manufactured, etc.) and the community as a whole earns more and more bits to the story as they progress.

Edited by NinjaChicken

I'm 100% for single mob maps during operations like this, but the reason why DE adds the other mobs is to thin out the numbers to prevent mobbing. If there were only fusion MOAs in defense the operation would be super fast, but then you'd see threads about the new MOAs being OP because you can't survive 1 second while being mobbed.

Maybe add different layers and steps to the operation :

First gathering info : succeed in 1 000 spy missions in each planet

Then you get the info of which planet they com efrom : 100 000 sabotage missions on that planet.

Once done, the corpus send reinforcements and you have to play at least 1 000 defense mission that lasts up to wave 15 (or 20)

Once succeeded, the corpus see that tenno can last as long as they want, so they send a boss on that planet. You have to beat it 1 000 times. Each 100ths time it is beaten, it changes of planet : you need 100 spy mission to pinpoint it's new location.

Final battle : once the boss is beaten, it's time for revenge : you have to survive boss battles with 4 (yes 4 !) of them in the same map, and you have to survive while one of the four tennos is deciphering panels to gather info from where they come. Each time  apanel is deciphered, another one, somewhere else in the boss tile is the new active panel (you have to do 10 deciphering ? And some hard ones, like in the challenge)

That would be a real fight :)