Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser Doors

stacey69

Just spent an hour with 3 new players. Got hit by around 30 laser doors. Count in their laser door mishaps and we're over 100 hits for the laser doors in under an hour. This isn't fun. It ruins the games speed. It doesn't stop rushers. Shooting camera's with buggy hit boxes ruins the game experience.

Vote down. Call me a noob. I don't care. I'm just pisse.d at wasting the last hour of my life on something so tedious and frustrating.

/Rant over.

Honestly if you're ahead of the team, you can search them out and get rid of them without an issue. It's if you're a guy like myself, who scavenges where his team doesn't, goes pointlessly to farther regions where no back-up is nearby, etc. You learn to get rid of the cameras pretty early in the game, and if newer players haven't figured it out by the time they get to Neptune, they won't last long in later regions such as Pluto anyway.

But, babying aside, going ahead of the team and taking a couple seconds to shoot a camera is soooo hard....(plus their general locations are all the same)

Also, there is a solo option. But you will NOT see people on Pluto directly rushing past cameras and ignoring them all. Maybe a couple scrubs, but not the players that go there to farm. Hell no.

I wouldn't mind these every once in awhile, like maybe 2 max per level. but sometimes they are just ridiculous... There have been times too when I shoot all the cameras, cant find any near... and end up slide exploiting through the 57th laser door... yeah

I don't know about you, but I can avoid being hit by lasers by sliding through them.

You can't see the laser when the door is closed so sometimes you have no time to react. Also, on a few occasions i saw my teammates ran past the door but the laser immediately activate when i tried to pass through. I get a feeling the security camera was laughing at me.

I don't have any problems with the existence of laser doors, but they allways feel totally bugged.

- Sometimes lasers are active, but you can just go/run/slidethrough without any effect. (i am pretty sure, that's a bug)

- You can get through by just slinding in, being stopped, but not thrown back far enough. So you stand up at the other side of the door.

- Every camera activates them, not only the ones, that can see the laser door. That's sometimes a real problem, if your some players are ahead of the rest and block there team, because they are seen by a camera.

So (in my opinion) they should do the following chances:
- There should by no way to get through active laser doors with standart maneuvers (running, slinding, jumping).

- Only cameras near the door should activate the lasers.

- The Lotus should tell you at some point, how to deactivate laser doors (in the first one or two cronus missions).

I like them.

What I don't like is that ANY camera ANYWHERE in the map will activate EVERY door.

Agree.

I don't really mind having to shoot the cameras but the damn cameras need to be shootable from the door your trying to get through and more often than not they aren't.

Also don't mind the sliding though but the timing has to be virtually perfect and/or you have to deal with sliding doors that just slow you up enough, you can never get the timing perfect.  Honestly, sometimes the ones with the sliding doors are impervious if you don't have Rhino Charge or some such to get you though. (Ash with nothing to target for Teleport is a prime example).