Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shooting When Reloading = Reload Cancel Into Shooting

Caernarvon

Right now, it feels incredibly stiff that we can't cancel a reload into shooting straight away when needed.

When reloading a weapon and an enemy pops up, I'd like being able to stop the reload and start shooting whetever may be left in my magazine.

This is quite common in action games of all kinds featuring guns.

You know, it used to bother me too, but then I thought about the actual action taking place.

You are removing the clip and putting in a new one. Guns usually don't work with the clip out. 

I hear what you are saying, but that would make it more like a battery charge than a clip....

Personally, I don't like that idea. 

[EDIT]

Not so nice to see the maturity level fall, giving me a -1 for civil disagreement, but ok. 

[/EDIT]

Edited by GrimmLiberty

You know, it used to bother me too, but then I thought about the actual action taking place.

You are removing the clip and putting in a new one. Guns usually don't work with the clip out. 

I hear what you are saying, but that would make it more like a battery charge than a clip....

Personally, I don't like that idea. 

*magazine

(technically, you could shoot while reloading if you used clips though)

I don't like this idea, and actually I think it'd be better if capacity went to 0 (arguably 1 unless you shot your last bullet, but oh well) while reloading so that reloading actually leaves you vulnerable for a little while.

Would make reload mods a lot less desirable than they already are.

Especially for Shotguns, the time to reload 6 shells takes ~3 secs without mod, firing rate is 1.7 (Strun)

If you could shoot after 1 shell insert (3/6 = 0.5s), you could fire faster.

Edited by Mietz

Reload cancel at 3/4 timer needs some refinement. I think currently it's unintuitive that we need to press action button (roll, jump, block, etc) to cancel it feel a little cluncky and breaking immersion. Why not just allow us to press reload another time at less than 3/4 timer to cancel?