The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requesting A Button That Draws And Fires Your Sidearm.

Beltan

Replace the weapon switch function with a "sidearm" function. When the button attached to this function is pressed, your Warframe draws and fires their sidearm. If you hold the button down, automatic sidearms unload.

After the button is released the Warframe holsters the sidearm with the next second and a half unless it is being reloaded, fired again, or if no other weapons are being activated at this time.

This will make the transition between rifle and pistol much more quick and smooth during gameplay, and adding a detail that will add to immersion.

Wtf, what your asking for does not need doing and wouldn't make the slight test but of difference. Want to fire your side arm, click the mouse when you hit f, it takes time to draw so use that to start clicking.

How does this improve anything? If anything, it's less intuitive and more restrictive.

Pistols are intended to be equally viable as long guns in this game (see- lex vs snipetron, bolto/akbolto vs boltor, kraken vs latron etc.).

so basicly a key that does the work of the f key then the mouse button? (assuming you haven't re-bounded your keys)

That's the general concept. You could then use your sidearm at a moment's notice rather than having to switch away from your primary weapon, same as how the Melee weapons work.

How does this improve anything? If anything, it's less intuitive and more restrictive.

Pistols are intended to be equally viable as long guns in this game (see- lex vs snipetron, bolto/akbolto vs boltor, kraken vs latron etc.).

It would work almost exactly the same as melee weapons work. I found the melee attack function to be very intuitive. What is restrictive about this function style?

If pistols are intended to be equally viable as primary weapons, why are they seperated? (on a side note, everyone I've spoken to who has tried the snipetron regrets it, and my friends and I agree that the Lex is a one-handed sniper rifle.) As balance changes are ongoing, I think it's fully acceptable to reason that the weapons just need some more fine-tuning. I don't think the designers intend for the Lex to be the go-to sniper weapon of the game. How is the intended use of pistols relevant, though? I mean if you want to specialize in melee weapons the current function style doesn't restrict or prevent that, right?

Or just make weapon switch faster...

Sure, that'd be nice, too.

you mean like the melee weapons? hmm can't say i would like this very much... sorry.

Sorry to hear you don't like the melee function in the game. Perhaps it would be possible to offer BOTH options to players!

Edited by Beltan

No need for this.   Actually it would make the Pistol less used as a primary option.  Right now you can select pistol full time by using F.  However if you made it a key like melee it would be just like melee in that you would always defaut back to rifle.

No need for this.   Actually it would make the Pistol less used as a primary option.  Right now you can select pistol full time by using F.  However if you made it a key like melee it would be just like melee in that you would always defaut back to rifle.

It could just be an option available for those that want it. I didn't realize there were people refusing to use rifles out there.