The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular Warframes Should Be Upgradable To Prime Versions.

Dreadnaux

I was just thinking about it and there's huge potential for a system to upgrade Warframes into the prime version.

Maybe you need a level 30 of said Warframe as one of the mats for the Prime version?

I think it would be interesting to work for and generally show that you enjoy that frame a lot.

Just an idea really. :)

EDIT: Hopefully a DE staff member will see this one.. dunno how active they are as I am a newbie.

Edited by Dreadnaux

Personally, I'd actually prefer a system like this. It makes Primes more of a long term achievement rather than simply just another frame. (which simultaneously makes the original obsolete.)

Exactly!

You said it much better then I did. lol

Yeah, this would be cool. This way, someone who already has a Frost won't need to waste a slot on a Prime, moreso seeing how the Frost might already have a potato.

Suggestion: Prime Blueprints can be used to upgrade common Warframes. Make it happen, DE.

EDIT: to downvoters, care to explain?

Edited by LukEduBR

I was just thinking about it and there's huge potential for a system to upgrade Warframes into the prime version.

Maybe you need a level 30 of said Warframe as one of the mats for the Prime version?

I think it would be interesting to work for and generally show that you enjoy that frame a lot.

good idea but it would be to common and player could easily get a prime. 

I personally don't care if Primes are common.  It would be really neat if there as a path to progression of upgrading your favorite frames at level 30 and beyond.  I heard some talk that we might get a 'prestige' system in the future but other options including upgrading to a Prime frame would be really cool. 

Well the level 30 Frame would just be one of the mats, it'd be up to DE to decide what else you needed.

Might need all the prime parts and the other frame. Essentially making it twice as hard to obtain.

Once again just ideas. :D

Edited by Dreadnaux

EDIT: Hopefully a DE staff member will see this one.. dunno how active they are as I am a newbie.

das a end game idea right der

Edited by SyriMeenie

the only problem i see with the actual thing is that new players will never have the same mastery level as a beta player because you level up your mastery rank leveling up equipment and warframes. example: only closed beta players get the lato vandal, making it impossible for new players to get maximum mastery rank

If they do implement the prestige system, then the prime warframes will just be pretty looking clones. We'll probably be able to achieve the same polarity upgrades with the aforementioned prestige system with regular vanilla warframes.

I am personally considering offing the frost prime bp since it's cool looking and that's it so far, but maybe with extra polarity slots.

I just realized something. They talked about a prestige system where you could get another polarity, right? Primes always have one more polarity slot.

What if the prestige system is primes? :o

With the  upcoming paragon system, I could see how they would do this.

To make it not commonplace, you'd have to paragon your frame/weapon 10 times and then you get the option to prime it. Would certainly be prestigious and rare, and a sign of true dedication to your equipment. 

If they do implement the prestige system, then the prime warframes will just be pretty looking clones. We'll probably be able to achieve the same polarity upgrades with the aforementioned prestige system with regular vanilla warframes.

I am personally considering offing the frost prime bp since it's cool looking and that's it so far, but maybe with extra polarity slots.

This is incorrect. Steve confirmed that Primes will be at an advantage in the new Orokin tileset.

Note he did not say HOW. But it will be something (SOMETHING) exclusive to the primes when they are in the Orokin tileset.

EDIT: Also, see the post directly above me. Steve also said Excalibur Prime and the Lato/Skana Prime are founder exclusive for all of the eternities, so that would rule this system out as well.

Edited by nullqasael

Having Primes have a significant advantage is potentially pretty problematic, if they're platinum only.

They aren't. Frost Prime is event-exclusive, but not tied to money.

It makes sense from a lore perspective to permanently retire the Primes after a short period of time, as they are Orokin relics, not Tenno-built frames. There are a limited number of them in existence.

I'm not sure what that means for players who come out of the woodwork after a certain point, though with the infinite addition of new content  there's potentially infinite opportunities for "new" Prime discoveries.

Excal Prime was advertised to be Founder exclusive, which means that Excalibur will never be able to be upgraded into Prime in the future (unless founder). Prestiging your warframe will never grant you Prime gear.

Very true, no reason that they could not have an alternate upgrade for Excalibur. To keep it's Prime version exclusive. (The other upgrade would have a different look etc.)

Excalibur Alpha or something..

As far as Frost Prime goes the blueprint was from a FREE event, and they never mentioned (To my knowlege) if there would be other chances to obtain the blueprint or not. It's still early on in the game developement,

They could easily make it work.

EDIT: Honestly I would not even care if they released Excalibur Prime as an obtainable Warframe in the game... why deny other people content they could be enjoying? :)

Edited by Dreadnaux

Very true, no reason that they could not have an alternate upgrade for Excalibur. To keep it's Prime version exclusive. (The other upgrade would have a different look etc.)

Excalibur Alpha or something..

As far as Frost Prime goes the blueprint was from a FREE event, and they never mentioned (To my knowlege) if there would be other chances to obtain the blueprint or not. It's still early on in the game developement,

They could easily make it work.

EDIT: Honestly I would not even care if they released Excalibur Prime as an obtainable Warframe in the game... why deny other people content they could be enjoying? :)

Because some people payed a lot of money for exclusive items? If said people's exclusive items are no longer exclusive then said people that are willing and able to pay DE will not because they can't be sure they will actually get what they are paying for. In this case, exclusivity.

the only problem i see with the actual thing is that new players will never have the same mastery level as a beta player because you level up your mastery rank leveling up equipment and warframes. example: only closed beta players get the lato vandal, making it impossible for new players to get maximum mastery rank

you can sell, and buy the same wep again to level it up.

Personally, I'd actually prefer a system like this. It makes Primes more of a long term achievement rather than simply just another frame. (which simultaneously makes the original obsolete.)

Too late for that sort of change now but I agree.  I would love to just be able to "Upgrade" my current Frost rather than make another 50 runs for BP then another 50 runs for resources, then wait 12 hours for the basic BPs to build, then 3 days for the new Frame.....all so I can sell my existing one, losing the 20 plat I spend on its potato in the process......then not being able to use any of my old Mods because they are leveled too high for a new frame....then having to level from zero again....just to get back to where I was with my old Frost.

Seems kind of a really backward way to "upgrade" frames, especially since it sounds like the Primes are going to obsolete standard Frames.  I say obsolete due to the omnious reference about how the Primes (and the implication only they are going to have this ability) are going to have a special ability to manipulate this new ancient Orokin technology that is coming out with the 8.0 update.

Too late for that sort of change now but I agree.  I would love to just be able to "Upgrade" my current Frost rather than make another 50 runs for BP then another 50 runs for resources, then wait 12 hours for the basic BPs to build, then 3 days for the new Frame.....all so I can sell my existing one, losing the 20 plat I spend on its potato in the process......then not being able to use any of my old Mods because they are leveled too high for a new frame....then having to level from zero again....just to get back to where I was with my old Frost.

Seems kind of a really backward way to "upgrade" frames, especially since it sounds like the Primes are going to obsolete standard Frames.  I say obsolete due to the omnious reference about how the Primes (and the implication only they are going to have this ability) are going to have a special ability to manipulate this new ancient Orokin technology that is coming out with the 8.0 update.

Not obsolete. It's one tileset.

One tileset they are going to be (variably) more useful on. I say variably because we don't know if the "advantage" is opening special containers with 20 or so credits that no one else can, or if they basically get superpowers.

It's too early to say they're going to "obsolete" the originals.