Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jump N Shoot Problem

Datasaur

When jumping straight up and shooting you automatically roll forward when landing. The frames like to lay down and look awesome in air Max Payne style, even when doing mundane on the spot jumps. Why is this a problem you might ask. Because you need to jump to avoid stun waves from moa:s and bosses. This can sometimes lead to trouble. Especially when double stun waves come. My suggestion is simply you don't go Max Payne and roll forward if you jump straight up.

It's definitely a bit of a problem.  This actually used to be circumventable pre-U7.9 so you could land without rolling (via block cancelling the animation), but they stealth patched a cooldown period after firing so now you're forced to stay all max-payne.  Kinda makes jump-shooting almost completely unviable.

Them's the breaks? :3

It's definitely a bit of a problem.  This actually used to be circumventable pre-U7.9 so you could land without rolling (via block cancelling the animation), but they stealth patched a cooldown period after firing so now you're forced to stay all max-payne.  Kinda makes jump-shooting almost completely unviable.

Them's the breaks? :3

Ohh that's interesting. Wish it was still possible.

But yeah sounds to me this was a side effect of other decisions and not intentional so maybe there might be change? I mean it's not the biggest problem but not the biggest thing to fix either. Fingers crossed.

Yup pretty much.  Over the past few patches there's been a scary trend of kneejerking to prioritise "fixes" to small issues that only affect a few players, in ways that end up causing issues that affect all players.  So more fixes have been applied.  Which have caused more problems.

... Meanwhile, many issues that have been affecting all players since pre-U7 still haven't been addressed, lol.  So I'm right there with you with the crossed fingers, Datasaur. :3

• 1 month later...

In case people are interested, I've made a video to show how you can overcome this issue:

Warframe Techniques Episode 06 - Aerial Shot

edit: actually, just ran a small test on a hunch and it looks like they stealth-patched the block cancel back in (U8.10).  Will test further later, have to head out, but hopefully this has been restored.

Edited by shukudai