Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Loved This Event! + A Suggestion On "prime" Warframes

Biscuithammer

With the advent of more Prime Warframes I'm hoping that these are handled as upgrades to the original 'Frames. I only have a few warframes, but I'd had to feel like my new Loki will be eventually obsolete. Also I feel like "Prime-ing" a Warframe or weapon should get it's own mini-cutscene instead of the normal "You have acquired _____" after crafting. Maybe a scene showing your Warframe's sillouette transforming into a Prime Warframe, complete with taiko drum buildup and a slash-attack cut to the full reveal of the Warframe.

On that note. While I think that Founders should be allowed to have something like an exclusive helmet for their Excalibur Prime, I sincerly hope that we can Prime our Excaliburs the same way as other Frames even if it looks different. Maybe call the founder's Prime something else? Exalibur Vandal?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally I loved this global event and I hope to see more in the future. It was nice to go back to a region I haven't really played in a while, see a new enemy type, and work together with other players towards a grand goal with an excellent reward at the end.

Edited by Biscuithammer

I do agree that there should be a mini cutscene when you acquire a prime frame, but sadly I must inform you that they aren't necessarily upgrades.

They are stand alone frames, that take up a new warframe slot.

Their stats aren't that much different, so unmodded and even max lvl mods won't be much different if Excal Prime is anything to go on.

Basically, they look different and lore-wise are more important.

I do agree that there should be a mini cutscene when you acquire a prime frame, but sadly I must inform you that they aren't necessarily upgrades.

They are stand alone frames, that take up a new warframe slot.

Their stats aren't that much different, so unmodded and even max lvl mods won't be much different if Excal Prime is anything to go on.

Basically, they look different and lore-wise are more important.

Well, I think it's important to know that the first Prime to come out was way earlier in the development cycle of this game. It's entirely possible that the Excalibur Prime people get for the founder's package is the same kind of Frame you'd get for going through the whole process of Priming your weapons.

Also I can't find the source, but I do remember the devs talking about being able to do something similar to prestiging. Perhaps this is it?

Edited by Biscuithammer

Personally i don't really like the idea of having prime version of everything unless they come with extra slot (as a warframe slot) otherwise they are just reskin that occupies the space.

(oh yes forgot about opportunity to squeeze extra exp from them towards the rank but that's about it).

I would rather prefer new warframes or being able to freeze a specific alert that i would like to do in a future for myself as primary reward and secondary reward  would the choice of credits,materials,affinity, consumables, mystery pack with chance of rare mod.

Edited by Morgax

Oh, don't be too disenheartened.  This is the just the beginning for the operations.  I'm sure the rewards will match their frequency.  If they do an operation every weekend, then I wouldn't expect amazing rewards.  Conversely, if it's a once-a-month sort of thing, then I'd like to see better rewards.

Personally i don't really like the idea of having prime version of everything unless they come with extra slot (as a warframe slot) otherwise they are just reskin that occupies the space.

(oh yes forgot about opportunity to squeeze extra exp from them towards the rank but that's about it).

I would rather prefer new warframes or being able to freeze a specific alert that i would like to do in a future for myself as primary reward and secondary reward  would the choice of credits,materials,affinity, consumables, mystery pack with chance of rare mod.

Well, the idea is that it wouldn't take up a new slot. It would just make the old frame a Prime. Also Excalibur Prime does apparently have different stats, so they aren't just pure cosmetics.

Edited by Biscuithammer

I had a similar want for the "Prime" that when crafting the Prime, it is unlocked as a skin. It still confers all the bonuses a prime should like unique polarities and other minor enhancements, but instead of eating up a warframe slot and having "Frost" -> "Frost Prime" It would just be available to choose in the skins section on the arsenal menu for the warframe. Which also means you don't have to buy as many Reactors.

Edited by Grand-Dozer

It would be a lot more logical for the prime versions to require the standard versions of the frames in their BP's recipes, rather than an already spend orokin cell.

Want to build your Frost Prime ?

Get a Frost first !

Edited by Kitzun

It would be a lot more logical for the prime versions to require the standard versions of the frames in their BP's recipes, rather than an already spend orokin cell.

Get a Frost first !

Well put, that is why I thought it would do better as a skin for the original Frost. I believe it would encourage those who don't have Frost to build it, and perhaps apply an Orokin reactor to it as well as giving those who have previously/recently built theirs to keep it -- instead of trading up to prime and ditching the old Frost/skin entirely.

I feel a system like this could allow for more unique frames - maybe some want to wear the old skin they can choose to do so without changing the frame entirely which could allow for more unique Mod loadouts (this could be seen as a facet of custom armor) and it would maintain that building a "Standard" warframe is still viable. 

Hopefully all of that would give everyone a reason to keep their Warframes instead of say, getting rid of Rhino to make room for Rhino Prime etc.

Edited by Grand-Dozer

Get a Frost first !

Yeah, I like this idea. And maybe keep the original non-Prime skin as an option you can switch between once you've Primed it?

Oh, don't be too disenheartened.  This is the just the beginning for the operations.  I'm sure the rewards will match their frequency.  If they do an operation every weekend, then I wouldn't expect amazing rewards.  Conversely, if it's a once-a-month sort of thing, then I'd like to see better rewards.

True true.

DE I STILL WANT A FUSION MOA SENTINAL AS MY PET! Enslaving them as Nyx just isn't the same : ( 

+1 at the idea of being able to upgrade my current frames to Prime level once unlocking the Prime-level blueprint/frame. I've already leveled my Frost to 30 the weekend prior to this event. Now I'll have to level Frost Prime to 30, and my Frost-Regular becomes obsolete? Why not just let me upgrade my Frost-Regular to Frost-Prime? :D +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

+1   I think this is a great idea.  I wouldn't  waste my time leveling another frame that I like just cause it looks different.  Also maybe the time to upgrade a frame from a regular frame to a prime could take longer then building a new one.  For example from regular frame to prime could take 4-5 days to upgrade.

+1   I think this is a great idea.  I wouldn't  waste my time leveling another frame that I like just cause it looks different.  Also maybe the time to upgrade a frame from a regular frame to a prime could take longer then building a new one.  For example from regular frame to prime could take 4-5 days to upgrade.

+1 Oooo, I like this idea, too. Even if it takes longer to upgrade than craft + play-new, allowing the upgrade in the first place for a longer craft-time/"upgrade time" would be something I fully support.

I'd really prefer all non excal primes to require the original frame or at least be able to function as a skin for the existing frame...  Perhaps after gathering all the components for it, you could be given two options: craft to skin and craft to frame.

Or perhaps after an event for a week you can buy a blueprint for one credit that turns your frost prime frame bp into a frost prime skin bp...  Idk...

Well, I think it's important to know that the first Prime to come out was way earlier in the development cycle of this game. It's entirely possible that the Excalibur Prime people get for the founder's package is the same kind of Frame you'd get for going through the whole process of Priming your weapons.

Also I can't find the source, but I do remember the devs talking about being able to do something similar to prestiging. Perhaps this is it?

The Prestiging they were talking about was the ability to change one of the polarities of the frame or weapon.  I have Excal and Skana prime, they are separate items from an Excal frame and a skana sword.

But, the Primes do have a slight boost in stats and an extra polarity slot (as in one more slot has a polarity, not another slot total).

The Prestiging they were talking about was the ability to change one of the polarities of the frame or weapon.  I have Excal and Skana prime, they are separate items from an Excal frame and a skana sword.

But, the Primes do have a slight boost in stats and an extra polarity slot (as in one more slot has a polarity, not another slot total).

Well yeah, they would be separate if they were given out as  Founders items. And to be honest I'd probably just rename the current Excalibur Prime the Excalibur Vandal and come up with a new look for the Excalibur Prime so that all frames could theoretically be Primed.