Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Statistics, Mastery Rank, Vandals, & Primes...

Ferghus

Given that primes and vandals are effectively direct upgrades of their regular counterparts, and that eventually we're going to have Prime versions of every existing warframe, perhaps it would be a good idea to condense the mastery rank acquisition and account statistics for all versions of a specific warframe or weapon. I don't currently have any of the exclusive weapons, but I do have an Excalibur Prime, so I'm assuming that weapons are working the same way in that:

1. Account statistics (accuracy, used %, kills, etc.) are separate for each version of same weapon (ie: Lato, Lato Prime, & Lato Vandal)

2. Mastery rank contributions are unique for each version of a weapon (ie: again, Lato, Lato Prime, & Lato Vandal)

FCmhS3d.png

So, to break things down...

1. If we're going to have several functionally identical things that are only slightly different statistically or are different cosmetically, why are they not combined in a single statistical account log (ie: Lato -> Lato, Lato Prime -> Lato, & Lato Vandal -> Lato, or Excalibur -> Excalibur & Excalibur Prime -> Excalibur)?

2. On that same grain, why do they each have different unique pools for mastery rank contribution? Why should a completionist feel compelled to max a functionally identical item two or more times? Why not, once again, have them all share the same values (ie: again, Lato -> Lato, Lato Prime -> Lato, & Lato Vandal -> Lato, or Excalibur -> Excalibur & Excalibur Prime -> Excalibur)?

3. The suggestion of point 2 resolves another issue in that Mastery Rank, although currently quite useless, can only be truly maxed at the present time by spending $250 and by being an existing member during the closed beta period. Having all versions of functionally identical items share Mastery Rank contribution limits would equalize the field for everyone in this presently, but hopefully not always, trivial stat.

Thoughts?

I see it as a feature. Noone forces you to level all 3 Bratons if you own them all... but i did it... and if you want your Mastery Rank as high as possible you do it, too. The point is... why limit something just to get another 18k Mastery Points (4 Weapons, 1 Warframe)?

Possibilities are Awesome.. Mastery Rank is open end and only limited by Available Weapons to level and the only benefit completionists with spare 250$ and both Vandals have is that they reach the next manageable mastery ranks 18k XP faster than the rest until more weapons/warframes worth 18k XP are released.

And imho.. why not.. they payd alot of money for their convenience so i don't mind.

I see it as a feature.

A feature that I feel excludes latecomers and those not willing or able to spend money, but I can respect your opinion on the matter; it is largely irrelevant and inconsequential. Putting Mastery Rank aside, what about the actual account statistics? Wouldn't it be largely beneficial to combine them into a single entry for each functionally identical warframe and weapon? The account statistics page is already quite cumbersome when you have nearly everything, and adding additional fields for the remaining primes will worsen it.

I bet they will rework, sort out and overhaul the statistics page... it's still Beta and in developement afterall but imho the statistics page should be a low priority. It's nice that it's there but to be honest.. who gives a *beep*. the only time i look at it is to see if a Weapon really reached lvl 30 (sometimes it bugs or is not consistent with the level in your arsenal).

You're right that it is too cumbersome the way it is now. Some sorting or drop down menus would be nice where you can.. for example.. show only sidearms.. only warframes.. only kill or time played statistics and so on. I am quite confident that DE will give us better statistics someday... the mod inventory in Update 6 was a mess but now it really starts to look good and i guess same will happen with statistics.