The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading System For Mods

fireheart16

This has been talked about, and addressed by the devs.  They've expressed how they are concerned about how an "item auction house" would horribly unbalance the economy and resource scarcity in the game, unless done very carefully.  Presumably, they are brainstorming ways of doing it, and eventually will; they have already talked about being able to trade resources with your clan mates.

That being said, I agree with what you said about a mod trade.  I think a "used mod market" would ruin the balance of rarity and economy in the game, but a "mod swap meet" would work quite well.  It would need a decent system and limits.  Here are my thoughts:

1. Limited to Mods only, resources and blueprints would have to be gotten yourself (or traded with clanmates)

2. Mods would be given a value, based either on selling cost in credits or (better, imo) based on the mod's rarity multiplied exponentially by the mod's level.  Fusion cores would be valued differently, of course, or not available for trade.

3. You put mod(s) onto the "mod trading board."  This removes the mods from your inventory, and they are unavailable until a trade is complete, or you cancel your posting.  You can request a specific mod in return, or leave it open for offers.  If you leave it open, you would set a threshold, which would be a percentage of your post's total value.  Any offers below that threshold would not be accepted.

4. Anyone responding to an open offer would have the mods they offer in exchange unavailable until the original poster accepts or declines the offer, or until either party removes their offer from the board.

5. The means of moving mods to and from inventory wouldn't make much difference, nor would the decision whether or not to apply credit fees for trade transactions.  These would be about how the devs would handle item movement in the system, as well as whether they wanted to discourage trivial transactions by making them cost credits.

I don't know how much has been suggested on this topic, I don't spend a lot of time trolling the forums.  I just reply when I see something I've been thinking about.

Greetings,

Please read the FAQ regarding this topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/5898-warframe-faq/

"

Added: April 24, 2013

Why isn’t there trading in the game?! (I wanna trade my stuff!)
We are planning on adding trading to the game. Our idea is to make it Clan-Based, so that members can share and have access to a "vault" of things. Once we perfect the details, we will let everyone know! Expect trading to be somewhat limited - we are wary of exploits and scams. 

"