The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are There Twice As Many Melee Weapons (26) As Primary Weapons (13)?

Qb3rt

Melee weapons are easier to make than ranged, its basically a re-skin with some stat tweaks, but primaries need a lot more work.

and the half of melee weapons are weak as hell in comparasion with the top ones (DHS, D ether, Scindo,Gram, etc)

Many alert melee weapons need workarounds to become more than collectibles and mastery point tools when compared to the most potent of melee weapons.

Yep, right now leveling some of those melee weapons can turn into quite a tedium, as many of them are just "skins" or have minor stat-differences.

I wish more of them offered fun and interesting mechanics such as special charge attacks, chained combos and so forth!

Edited by Sherbniz

Yep, right now leveling some of those melee weapons can turn into quite a tedium, as many of them are just "skins" or have minor stat-differences.

I wish more of them offered fun and interesting mechanics such as special charge attacks, chained combos and so forth!

Agreed. And on that note, Mire needs more of a unique aspect to it than Poison (aka AP damage that bypasses shields). Mire needs to be more in-line with the Infested design.

Melee weapons (for me) are more fun to use than guns, could've been that DE banked on a lot of players feeling this way when they made their initial weapon lineup.  I also think there's just more you can do to melee weapons to make them feel different compared to standard firearms.  I agree that we need more primaries though.

I think with melee weapons, minor stat changes are ok, even if they feel very similar.  I'm having trouble explaining, but having a multitude of choices seems to fit better with me for melee than ranged weapons, where I expect them to all have different niches, purposes, and uses.

Hmmm... if we have twice the amount of melees compared to primaries, being able to use multiple melees in one build would balance that ratio

I mean, how great would it be to be able to equip two melee weapons at once? One button would attack with the first melee and another button would activate the other. If anyone's played Bastion, the weapon-switch system in that game is what I'm getting at. It would diversify your options fo'sho and give melee that buff it needs

Examples: Glaive + Dual Ether; Fang + Fragor

*not to be taken too seriously, but it's pretty fun to think about

Edited by darrenalilim

Hmmm... if we have twice the amount of melees compared to primaries, being able to use multiple melees in one build would balance that ratio

I mean, how great would it be to be able to equip two melee weapons at once? One button would attack with the first melee and another button would activate the other. If anyone's played Bastion, the weapon-switch system in that game is what I'm getting at. It would diversify your options fo'sho and give melee that buff it needs

Examples: Glaive + Dual Ether; Fang + Fragor

*not to be taken too seriously, but it's pretty fun to think about

what if dual fragor?........ DOUBLE CHARGE ATTACK WITH ICE MOD EQUIPPED! :D.

I think if/when we get guns with more unique properties (laser/plasma guns, grenade launchers, bola guns, etc.) we might see a sharp increase in the amount of primaries/secondaries.  Right now I don't think there's much that can be done to make guns feel really different from what we already have, you aim and fire bullets, the most noticeable differences are fire rate/power (imo).