Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tight Aim ~ Requested Options.

This could fall both under the weapon and game-play thread umbrella's, but I chose this thread in the end as it's more of a general game-play effect than one limited to a specific weapon. 

I would like - and don't see why we shouldn't have - the ability to customize both my tight aim zoom, and the sensitivity of my mouse in this mode. 

Originally I was going to suggest that this be added as a mod available for all weapon platforms, that would either increase or decrease the ADS zoom effect. This would be preferable as it allows players to tailor each weapon to their preference, but it might be easier from a technical standpoint, to implement it as a global option in the settings menu - akin to the FOV slider DE added.

Why is this necessary? - Because there is no reason not to have it. And it will improve the handling of certain weapons for some players. Ie: A win/no loss scenario :P 

I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like the Latron's zoom, or wishes their sniper Lex had more zoom. At the end of the day, this isn't critical to gameplay but it facilitates a more enjoyable experience. DE has already seen fit to add the FOV slider (thanks) and things like 'enable gamepad southpaw' , so I see these as evidence that they are trying to cater to as many control schemes as possible. 

Most first, and third person shooters these days, have at least the option to change ADS sensitivity alongside regular mouse sentivity - and with the customization we can already preform on our weapons, it dosn't seem unrealistic to be able to adjust our ADS zoom as well. 

If I could upvote this 5 times I would.

I am so frustrated at the low sensitivity of my aimed down function, which I use a lot - especially on my Lex.

It dosn't help that hipfire is weirdly inaccurate across nearly all weapons for me, I don't know if it's my sensitivity, or my FOV or the game itself, but trying to fire over your shoulder feels.....wobbly. Which is great, very realistic. But the ADS on some weapons just isn't a viable enough alternative, if the intention is to lean towards it. 

It dosn't help that hipfire is weirdly inaccurate across nearly all weapons for me, I don't know if it's my sensitivity, or my FOV or the game itself, but trying to fire over your shoulder feels.....wobbly. Which is great, very realistic. But the ADS on some weapons just isn't a viable enough alternative, if the intention is to lean towards it. 

I agree. I only hipfire when something's in front of me (a shockwave moa) and I burst it down with my Braton. I aim down on sights 90% on the time also because you gain an accuracy boost out of it, even with shotguns. But it's so frustrating when you're slightly laggier than usual and enemies are running around, I can't get a hold of them.

I'm fine with this, as long as each weapon has a max zoom, because I don't believe that any gun should be able to equal the snipetron or latron's zoom, due to those being more of a mid-long range guns with the zoom appropriate for them, maybe max would be 3/4 of latron's zoom? (Never used it so not sure how much zoom is actually there)

I guess the lex could be an exception to this though

Overall a good idea, +1 from me ^.^

I'm fine with this, as long as each weapon has a max zoom, because I don't believe that any gun should be able to equal the snipetron or latron's zoom, due to those being more of a mid-long range guns with the zoom appropriate for them, maybe max would be 3/4 of latron's zoom? (Never used it so not sure how much zoom is actually there)

I guess the lex could be an exception to this though

Overall a good idea, +1 from me ^.^

I agreed with you...at first. Now I'm not so sure. See, the zoom of a weapon, dosn't really have any effect on it's balance. Only it's usability in the hands of a player. If someone wanted to have a snipetron-level boltor, I don't see why they shouldn't be able too. The boltor's bolts will still be largely inaccurate past mid range, the player will just be able to see further. 

So putting a ceiling on the zoom for no apparent reason dosn't seem wise to me. I mean, maybe there are some people out there that love to see all the gory detail of a grineer's head exploding as they one-shot them with their Lato. Not to my taste, I'd prefer less zoom on most of my weapons, but I don't see why we should withhold that option. 

• 3 weeks later...

-Acrobat - Reduces stamina cost on wallruns!

-Hawk Eye - Pistol zoom

-Eagle Eye - Rifle zoom

DE has addressed this! This thread can now duly be locked as far as I'm concerened :D 

Edited by 11.11.11