Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Word On Dojos.

orange

So for Dojos, are we going to be allowed to free build them, like Garry's Mod, or Halo Forge style? Or is it going to be like, we get a box that we can decorate with some stuff and that's the extent of it? 

Also, will we be able to outfit our Warframes and test our abilities inside the Dojos, or will it just be a wandering around thing? 

I'm not sure if anyone can really answer this, and I wasn't sure which forum to put this particular thread in, but I'd really just like a discussion on what people want from Dojos, because personally, I'm pretty excited about them. 

Leaders of the Clan can basically add a tile (room or whatever) at a location for resources and credit (I bet) that is stored in some sort of Clan vault.

I dunno if it will be as free as Gmod, since its baby-fresh in Update 8. We will see.

seeing how things are now, i wouldnt be surprised if its attach this box to that box kinda of thing. the same way levels are built. possibly with some "core" building that can be made to look better/bigger.

or something. nobody really knows.

i dont think we are going to get super detailed functionality like moving around chairs or whatever.

I am not sure if you were aware how Runescape's house system works (or at least worked). You basically had a slot, somewhere, and with levels and building skills you could unlock/createe house parts like decorations and new rooms. As far as I remember you had a nice degree of freedom when it came to placement et cetera.

I'd love to see something like that, perhaps with utility areas. A combat simulation room (similar to the training room, or with special map tiles), an armory, an area to practise acrobatics, and a nice choice of tiles/colours/decorative items. For clan dojos the parts/rooms/items could be unlocked with credits or with other stats (overall kills, overall mastery level...).

Asking to free-place all kinds of objects would be too much, but there could be, for every room, some "key locations" where some items could be put. That'd be enough and still allow some nice degree of freedom.

I just hope it won't be a platinum sink.

Edited by AndryB94

Runescape's house system was actually what I first thought when I thought of Dojos, and you had a fair bit of creativity room there, so I would have been okay with that. 

And yes, I'm afraid of the platinum required, unless it's a group effort for the entire clan to donate like 2plat or something, that wouldn't really be a big deal, but if the clan leader has to sink like 1,000 Plat into it, I would feel pretty bad. 

Edited by TheCuddlyRoman

Runescape's house system was actually what I first thought when I thought of Dojos, and you had a fair bit of creativity room there, so I would have been okay with that. 

And yes, I'm afraid of the platinum required, unless it's a group effort for the entire clan to donate like 2plat or something, that wouldn't really be a big deal, but if the clan leader has to sink like 1,000 Plat into it, I would feel pretty bad. 

I would be alright if all ESSENTIALS could be bought with credits/resources as well as some decorations. Building times for essentials could be cut down by plat. Other decorations could be bought only by plat. Those would provide a HUGE income... I know how much people like decorations. Especially high-quality and good-looking and purely useless ones.