Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker

Aigloblam

The stalker is a great idea, but does he have to show up so often? I've encountered him on over 3/4 of my missions this week, which is A LOT, 30 times plus. Normally this isn't a problem at all, because with my Xcal i absolutely OWN him. But i just built Saryn, and shes only level 9....So instead of completing the mission, i find myself doing nothing but running from him, getting no kills, no mods, not much of anything. Is there anything that can be done about this? Every once in a while i don't mind, but this often is getting really annoying.

Well, the Stalker only appears after you kill bosses (not sure exactly how many missions after).  I have never seen a stalker on an assassination mission (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's intentional).  So, either have friends with you after you farm for BPs, or use a higher level frame afterward if you plan to solo. 

I have not had a stalker in days because I have been looking for resources, not killing bosses for blueprints.

The <Redacted> seems to be quite random in it's appearance, but overall the <Redacted> appears quite rarely. It can be quite the distraction when he appears on wave 20 of a defense mission!

By the way, have you wondered what the <Redacted> actually looks like? Have a look here. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40567-warframe-art-reference-images/

Just remember, There is no such thing as the <Redacted>

Accordin to the wiki, he has a chance to show up 1/6 of the time if you solo, 1/26 if you play with multiple people. So yes, if you solo, you're gonna have a bad time.

Hmm, a good question would be if anyone has ever had a mission where the stalker showed up twice. As in once for two different people?

Well then maybe its a bug or something, because in the last 12 missions i have played, he showed up in 8 of them. At first he was spoky, just as intended, but now he is just an annoyance.

So far he has never showed up IN an assas. mission, so that part is working fine. And he has never showed up more than once per level, So if i can trap him on the top floor of a ship or something (which is my usual tactic if im not running the frame that can kill him) its all good. But there has to be something wrong here, he is showing up for me WAY more than he should be.

Well, the Stalker only appears after you kill bosses (not sure exactly how many missions after).  I have never seen a stalker on an assassination mission (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's intentional).  So, either have friends with you after you farm for BPs, or use a higher level frame afterward if you plan to solo. 

I have not had a stalker in days because I have been looking for resources, not killing bosses for blueprints.

Im pretty sure you are right about the Assassination missions...never seen him on one of those.

I've killed bosses literally hundreds of times....but none in the past week or so, Ive been farming for materials, or killing F-Moas. If he is going to show up once for every time i kill a boss....I'll never be able to level up another warframe. I eat him alive with my Excalibur, childs play....But my Saryn can't stand up to him for more than 10 seconds or so before she is a smear on the floor.

Edited by Aigloblam

I don't mind the stalker, but spawning it against low level frames achieves nothing more than annoying people, the player is dead and they can't do much of anything to stop it, (it’s bad enough that I have to quit the game mid mission due to rl, I am not going to do it because of a game feature).

I just had him for the third time in two days, twice when I was in a level 3 frame that had no chance of taking it on with an unranked burston and level 5 afuris. Then this evening, I figure I would get back to levelling the nyx, same thing, hit twice in about three hours, although the second was against my 30 rhino and as expected, dead stalker. Had that been a newer, or younger player trying out their brand new frame and that happened, I can see them getting royally f'ed off.

It really serves no purpose, sort him out so he is a threat to level 30 frames with 30 weapons and have it; but why waste time spawning it against something that doesn't stand a chance? While the stalker is a great idea in theory, the way it’s implemented right now needs a rethink.

As for the comment, "don't play a low level frame solo", bollocks, this game supports solo play, so of course people will play solo in a low level frame. The world is not a perfect playground, real life gets in the way and some folks have no option.