The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About A 5 Star Rating System * * * * *

Fiia

No accountability to the community sure, but the mods could be allowed to track it easily.  The idea, while originally proposed in jest, is growing on me.

You are pushing more work onto the mods at that point.  The reason upvotes were introduced in the first place was to make their lives easier.

In a perfect world the system would never have been implemented at all.  But its needed for their sake.

You are pushing more work onto the mods at that point.  The reason upvotes were introduced in the first place was to make their lives easier.

In a perfect world the system would never have been implemented at all.  But its needed for their sake.

No more than there already was.  Someone gets reported, their post is moderated.  If many of their posts are moderated, the moderator takes additional action.  I'm not talking about everyone communicating without logging in, I'm talking about everyone talking without identification.

No more than there already was.  Someone gets reported, their post is moderated.  If many of their posts are moderated, the moderator takes additional action.  I'm not talking about everyone communicating without logging in, I'm talking about everyone talking without identification.

You are telling this forum to become 4 chan.

Do you REALIZE what you are saying?

You are telling this forum to become 4 chan.

Do you REALIZE what you are saying?

With some key differences... like stricter moderation and the fact that it isn't an imageboard at heart.  But when you put it like that, it does inspire a little bit of doubt.

no name = zero accountability

Interesting.  It might be nice to be able to click on the votes total (i.e. Stars) and see names with rating.  This would help curb anonymous negative ratings.