Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission Type

Shrooms

I was thinking about a new mission type which would be a mix of every mission there is now.

It starts with 4 missions (1 each) - so everyone gets his/her own quest to do, and depending how much you complete under a set amount of time ( so basically a time attack like mission ) the equivalent of bosses you have to fight together at the end.

For example you can all do the 4 mission objectives under like 6 minutes, then 4 bosses would spawn where you all meet up. 

This could be a harder mission type with greater rewards also it would be quite challenging.

But i would be happy if only half-half part of these would become real:

- multiple boss fights ( at once )

- 4 objective missions ( 1 for each player )

There are some disadvantages with the mod drops, but on this mission type the mods could be shared among everyone ( 1 picks up everyone receives it )

What do you think about this? :)

I really like the idea of multiple simultaneous objectives.It would make the team sort of tactically split up for better results.Would be also nice for some people to create a diversion while others sneak around.
As for the bosses, they're mostly like bullet sponges so putting more in the same place would make you waste lots and lots of ammo.

Well, seeing as I've become the forum's devil's advocate...here we go lol:

Let me start with saying I do like the idea of objectives individual to players, HOWEVER:

1) you are then counting on another player to fulfill their role, and with any team based game, this is going to lead to rage, and bad blood because there will always be the derps that take forever, or simply outright fail, and cause the entire team to lose...NO ONE wants to throw away half an hour or time because one person is a moron

I do get that technically  you cannot "fail" your mission idea unless all 4 didn't complete in time, but the same idea holds that people don't want their reward based on the failure of one person.

2) if you say that if one person fails, one of the others can simply pick up the slack and finish their objective for them, well then the mission just becomes annoyingly long

3) 4 bosses at higher levels would literally become impossible.  Even with maxed out weapons, ammo supplies are limited, and most bosses do not resupply you in any way...in fact, only 1 boss fight does.  It would be just a giant melee orgy, and that would probably leave the entire party dead anyway

edit: 4) what if one person fails hard enough that they waste all of their revives trying to complete their objective?  you're then a man down against bosses that have been scaled in hp/dmg to that of the levels of 4 players

Edited by ShadowsCrush

I'm kinda thinking... what if a boss with reduced HP would have somekind of a pet with individual health? He could retreat to make you fight his pet and come back into battle whenever he feels like it or when the pet is killed...