Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekend Extermination Event: My Thoughts And Yours

BoyCoX

I have to say this weekend was fun and got me more amped up to spend countless hours on the game than I have already had. However, I was little bit disappointed on how we got to the end result. Now I am happy to get warframe to add to my fast growing Tenno family( and looking forward to what this bad boy or girl does when the next update hits), but I felt like after the global bar reached its max, I was kinda expecting a New boss battle and level from this special event. I came under the impression once we have killed enough of the orkin powered moa’s , the Lotus would  have a lock on were the disturbances is coming  from to reveal the boss hiding behind the well place scramble . Once we got a lock on the signal, it would point the Tenno to a particular power planet or ship that is generating this new threat and would combine  a sabotage mission and boss fight to once end the menace or slow them down until the next epic event. Once we have eliminated the foe, the ship would begin to self distruct timer forcing the Tenno to make it extraction point before time runs out ( if you don't make it, you the mission, but nothing to difficult that wouldn't allow completion) .  Instead we were kinda thrown a reward after the community had reach its goal, kinda letting me down after building up so much suspense to see what was next once we eliminated the enemy.  

Again, this was fun weekend and looking forward to more of these. 

Edited by BoyCoX

yes a bit overhyped and shrouded in mistery ...

the reward was not bad ... it's just that you have to wait to actually enjoy/use it... wich leaves a bit of aftertaste but meh ..

overall it was great ... but it could have been AWESOME !!

I had to fight my way all though Jupiter to get to Europa, which added to the fun. I do wish they made the event a little harder like having more Moa to kill. I like that the more Moa you killed got you a reward see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40537-fusion-moa-operation-leaderboards/

but I kinda wish that that everyone that killed 25 Fusion Moa would get a mod, doesn't have to be a fancy rare just the regular chance of picking up common, uncommon and rare. 

The second the patch and event hit, all I could think was, "Holy crap, it's Mass Effect 3 weekend events again! YES! DE ARE GENIUSES!" It's the perfect system for sporadic, spontaneous play in order to reward you with something for your play.

I don't know how big of a fan I am of the "you'll never get this opportunity again" mentality, but if it's cycled in some way, if rewards are attainable again at a future date via a new challenge, etc, then it would be perfect. I'm okay with the "never again" mentality in beta though. It's nice rewarding beta-players for their experience. Once it goes live though... it should be repeatable/cycled/whatever.

All in all though, great event, timing, and overall patch.

I had to fight my way all though Jupiter to get to Europa, which added to the fun. I do wish they made the event a little harder like having more Moa to kill. I like that the more Moa you killed got you a reward see https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40537-fusion-moa-operation-leaderboards/

but I kinda wish that that everyone that killed 25 Fusion Moa would get a mod, doesn't have to be a fancy rare just the regular chance of picking up common, uncommon and rare. 

I was the same - had to rush through the entire Jupiter system to get to Europa to kill (and get killed by) some Fusion Moas. It might have been a little above my payscale, but it was fun to do.

As for the rewards - maybe the could have had a bounty on each Fusion Moa (or per 100 points of damage). Grant X Credits and a token, and then spend the tokens on specific Mods, random mod packs or something similar.