Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Update Of Directx Failed

maxsimann

Hey.

Launcher keeps giving me this Update of Directx Failed error each time I launch the game when it is updating directX components. The game was running fine-ish until stuff started to not work proper. I validated the files on Steam, only to have to reinstall the game. When I launched the game after finishing the download, it started giving me this Update of DirectX Failed error.

Google alot of stuff, nothing works, bad at computers, what do I do? Verifying the cache with the launcher doesn't work at all(literally).

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/199095-update-of-directx-failed/ Appears to be the same problem, but no real fix.

Copy-pasta from Sawhorses post, I have done this too:

I've tried:

-a registry fix I found on steam forums, making a .reg file, it didn't change a thing.

-the launcher refuses to defrag or verify data.

-steam couldn't validate it either, so it redownloaded the whole game. which didn't solve anything again.

-I reinstalled directx from the package from the official site, no change.

-I deleted eveything in the drivers/directx9 folder, save for dsetup, dsetup32 and dxsetup.exe and it still fails to update it.

Post help!

Unfortunately once DX is corrupted there is no way to completely uninstall and reinstall it due to it being a core windows process now. My clan mate has this error which causes all attempts at updating DX to fail. Unfortunately it occurs on both windows 7 and 8 as well now. If the DX update fails or has an error mid way through you could attempt to run a system refresh/restore to revert DX back to prior to the miss-updated files, if that fails then the only other option left to you per Microsoft is a reinstall of Windows.

Edited by geninrising