The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Mods

DivineBovine

The Prime Mod would be a Rare Level Mod akin to the Fusion Core in the fact its only use is to fuse to mods to increase their level. However the Prime Mod (Name does not have to be Prime, can be Empower, whatever) could only be attached to Warframe Power Mods, aka mods with Scratches as the Polarity.

This mod would only drop from certain defense missions, and only then would be at only a certain percentage. This of course can be changed and even added to the general Mod pool.

Priming the Mod would Reset its Fusion level, increase the Mods Cost from the max level of the mods un-Primed form.

For Example, Mod A had a max fusion level of 3 and a Mod cost of five, if would reset the fusion level, keep the cost of five at Prime Level one and max out at 7 for prime level 3. This would help balance some of the power but not make them so unattractive to potential users as to not change their setups for a Primed mod.

Here is my example for Loki's abilities if they were primed.

Decoy

Uptime would remain unchanged. Health/Shields would remain unchanged.

Decoy would deal 10/15/20 damage per shot, reduced by armor, during the duration the decoy stays alive.

Invisibilty

Duration would increase by .5 seconds per primed Fusion level.

During Primed Invisibility now also increases Ranged weapon critical strike chance b 5% per prime level and Ranged weapon critical strike damage by 5% per Prime level.

Switch Teleport

Range would not increase

Primed Switch Teleport would do one of the following:

If cast on and Enemy, Stuns the target for 1 sec per prime level and gives Loki a stamina recover of 10% of his total stamina per prime level.

If cast on a friendly Target: Both the target and Loki receive the  10% stamina recover per prime level.

Radial Disarm

Range would not increase

Prime Radial Disarm also weakens targets it hits, causing a 10% damage reduction per prime level to all enemy during the duration of Prime Radial Disarm

And thats my idea :o!

Please feel free to comment or add any of your own Prime mod ideas!

Edited by DivineBovine

this could possibly be implemented on other types of mods as well i would imagine.

Another idea, have a fusion core type mod like you suggested that could combine effects from two seperate mods.

i.e. Rush combined with Marathon which gives both sprint speed and max stam for a mod point increase.

(DISCLAIMER: i can definitely see this being completely overpowered, but its just food for thought)

I really like this idea. maybe with a min mastery Lvl needed tho. I had posted in another thread, I'll repost here and add to it:

Once you hit mastery rank 5, you can level your warframes and weapons to 60, and prime them, as stated above.

Once you hit mastery rank 10, you can level warframes and weapons to 90, and prime them again, but with a diff name ofc. Thoughts?