Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Player Kind Of Guy

TemplarTeppo

Hello everyone!  So far I have put over eight hours into the game since I downloaded it last night and I have fallen head over heals in love with it.  As you might guess from the title of this post I have always been a single player oriented gamer.  I will of course play multiplayer as time goes on but I hope the developers don't treat the single player or solo as its called in this game as some kind of tutorial mode.  Multiplayer communitys die and go away, but a game with good single player aspects can in essence last forever.  I would love to see a "Horde" mode both for single player and multiplayer.  Eventually I will be a founder for this game but I just want to see their plans for single player.

TemplarTeppo

I play mostly in solo mode, and I find the game heaps of fun when played alone. 

If anything, it adds to the challenge because you have no one to rely upon :)

Also, horde mode (defense missions) can be played solo just fine.

Hello and thank greetings fello Tenno!  Nabeshin I could not have said it better myself.  You are spot on.  In solo mode I really feel like a lone wolf taking down powerful foes single handed.  It really adds to the immersion and feel of tension and stress when you have only yourself to rely on.  I also like exploring these beautiful levels at my own pace.

Welcome to the game!

Spent the first few hundred hours playing Solo only, but these days I run all alert missions in Co-op.  It's kind of fun sometimes to run with a group, except when the hosts have really bad connection and the lag spikes ensue.  

You should definitely do some Co-op here and there, just to try it out.  There can be times when you feel like you're carrying the whole team, other times feel like a scrub mopping up after a veteran player who's decked out in the best mods, but on average the teams are rather even and jumping into a room filled with enemies -- one you normally wouldn't just jump in when Solo-ing -- and completely destroying everything with guns, swords, abilities and most importantly STYLE is an awesome feeling that's for the most part unique in Co-op play.

You want to mix a healthy amount of multiplayer into your usual singleplayer.  That's the best way to keep the game fresh!

Sup.

There are 3 completely different ways to play this game, as the menu suggests:

1) online

2) private with friends

3) solo

While solo is more immersive and challenging (definitely fun), coop with friends may be just as fun.

Online mode is best for "farming" resources, mods and whatnot if none of your friends seem to be in the game.

I play mostly in solo mode, and I find the game heaps of fun when played alone. 

If anything, it adds to the challenge because you have no one to rely upon :)

Also, horde mode (defense missions) can be played solo just fine.

I do the same, but I have noticed that playing with another person it is less laggy than when session is full, just go private and invite a pal and tell them to switch to private, it helps.

Hello everyone!  So far I have put over eight hours into the game since I downloaded it last night and I have fallen head over heals in love with it.  As you might guess from the title of this post I have always been a single player oriented gamer.  I will of course play multiplayer as time goes on but I hope the developers don't treat the single player or solo as its called in this game as some kind of tutorial mode.  Multiplayer communitys die and go away, but a game with good single player aspects can in essence last forever.  I would love to see a "Horde" mode both for single player and multiplayer.  Eventually I will be a founder for this game but I just want to see their plans for single player.

TemplarTeppo

Welcome to the game and community, I love this game as well and have already become a founder.

Dunno what you mean about "horde" mode, this game is basically horde mode. Specially defense.

Solo is definitely doable, but it's slow, and F*** ups usually mean spending a revive (which incidentally are independent across warframes, so just switch warframes if you run low on revives).

Duoing with a friend is more fun. Keeps some of the edge without being super hard mode.