Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas About The Roll And Blocking.

Deathplan

Rather the game's system be based on tanking your character through the shield and health capacity, and of course using some of the warframe's skills, won't it be fun and challenging to give the dive roll (double tap shift) a small time frame of invincibility to dodge through bullets or attacks; so that the game won't be dependable on 440% shield and health mods.

It is similar to the dive in Monster Hunter, if any of you had played before. And also, the blocking system needs to be buffed? It seems completely useless to me. (Eg, it reduces stamina and damages a little of shield kind of thing?)           

Sorry if I'm wrong. Just my suggestions.

I am 50% on this idea. MOstly because I can already see loki dashing his &#! off in 400 rolls from one end of the game to the other . Invincible. Or anyone really,  i just pick on loki becuase he is the fastest and the one I use for rushing (solo, so get your panties out of that knot)

I use roll to avoid incoming damage. Why should it make me immune? I'm only rolling. We have spells for immune.

Block, no. The best form of defense is attack. Kill more efficiently and you take less damage. <--- This is good gameplay.

Not to copy Monster Hunter or Vindictus, but we need enemies whose attacks are massive enough to be dodged... And Moas do not count to me because you dont really dodge a shockwave, you just get out of the radius which is 360.

If such enemies were created, roll / block would be awesome for sure.

Jackal has a the mortar thing that instagibs people, but it is telegraphed. There are blinky nodes on the ground where the explosions are going to be. Not a whole lot of time to react though....

I use roll to avoid incoming damage. Why should it make me immune? I'm only rolling. We have spells for immune.

Block, no. The best form of defense is attack. Kill more efficiently and you take less damage. <--- This is good gameplay.

I agree with the "We have spells for immunity" bit, but I also think alongside a buff to the block mechanic, there should be characters who interact with various things every warframe can do. A character like Mag should have some sort of integration with blocking, maybe catching bullets like Neo, or perhaps wadding them up to blast them back District9 style?

Or a multiplier to damage or radius on AoE abilities depending on how far you have fallen before activating it. This would put worth on getting high up in levels so you can groundpound really effectively. Or maybe, your invisibility could last longer if you were crouching and action rolling? Stealthy people get to feel sneakier and have it be rewarded. 

I think that damage Frames can expect the "Kill faster, take less damage" paradigm and have it be reasonable, but I wouldn't hold everyone to that. Rhino Stomps, then takes his time placing shots on enemies hanging in the air, Nyx can just turn everyone against themselves, that isn't damage in the sense you are using it. 

Since this game has a whole bunch of running jumping and climbing, it would be cool to see abilities interacting with that.

Edited by GrogBeard

Interesting feedbacks! What I meant for a small frame of invincibility will be something like:

When the MOA use the stomp move, time it right you can dive INTO it and avoid the knockback, which means it can't be spammed; timing is an important factor.

Another example will be when the Ancient use their long arm attack(?), time it right you can roll from the attack and continue attacking.