The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Range/reach Mods?

Writer

I was wondering whether it would be viable to make mods that allowed ranged weapons to shoot farther.

For pistols and rifles, it would increase the accuracy, whereas for shotguns it would increase the damage-drop off range.

What do you think?

P.S. - Not sure if anyone else has suggested the latter. Haven't seen it yet.

Edited by Writer

I can't see many people going for slots being taken up by mods that will help with accuracy as accuracy is pretty decent on rifles and pistols, except of course the Boltor and Bolot/AkBolto. You're never really in a situation where accuracy is a must or needed. As for shotguns, though, I could see a few whiners going for it since they feel cheated that a shotgun that can't be used to "snipe" far off adversaries is ridiculous ¬.¬ but then they got their buff and maybe that helped a bit...Imo I don't think I would invest in them, the maps are not open enough (with some exceptions) to need the "sniping" with pistols or rifles, excluding the Latron and Sniperton which have some decent zoom.

I can't see many people going for slots being taken up by mods that will help with accuracy as accuracy is pretty decent on rifles and pistols, except of course the Boltor and Bolot/AkBolto. You're never really in a situation where accuracy is a must or needed. As for shotguns, though, I could see a few whiners going for it since they feel cheated that a shotgun that can't be used to "snipe" far off adversaries is ridiculous ¬.¬ but then they got their buff and maybe that helped a bit...Imo I don't think I would invest in them, the maps are not open enough (with some exceptions) to need the "sniping" with pistols or rifles, excluding the Latron and Sniperton which have some decent zoom.

Well, I was thinking of this as more suitable for defense missions than your regular map where you just rush through a cramped space station with only 1 open map on the whole place. You'd understand that most defense maps are so ridiculously open to the extent of making short-to-mid range weapons a pain, if not completely pointless, to use if you don't have a teleportation ability or insane movement speed. Especially on the reactor map, where you can take out 3 enemies at best, then you have to run to the other side of the map to dispatch the next 3. Rinse and repeat.

Well, I was thinking of this as more suitable for defense missions than your regular map where you just rush through a cramped space station with only 1 open map on the whole place. You'd understand that most defense maps are so ridiculously open to the extent of making short-to-mid range weapons a pain, if not completely pointless, to use if you don't have a teleportation ability or insane movement speed. Especially on the reactor map, where you can take out 3 enemies at best, then you have to run to the other side of the map to dispatch the next 3. Rinse and repeat.

Ahh, but even in the new maps fighting Corpus I can use my pistol to snipe the far off enemies, you just gotta know where to shoot, like in any other shooter, you get the feel for the weapon and the aiming and find your "sweet spot". I have never had any trouble playing defense missions and having the need for accuracy, in Gaia, though why would you be stationary and not moving around since enemies spawn in different spots? If you climb the highest point you have a 360 view of almost any and every enemy, even when they hide they are a bit exposed. I can tell you I can take out a squad that comes out of one area without needing to change position and then move to the next group. You are referring to you own "playstyle" and these mods would be helpful to those that play like you, which I haven't come to see often, but I have seen them and I can see the usefulness it will be to them indeed. Different roles could benefit from different loadouts and such so yeah I see your point, but I still don't see many who are willing to back it up /: you may be just starting out too, so you haven't "gotten around" much to find easier ways and strategies of your own to take on different maps and all, but you'll get here (:

Edited by OrtuOcelot