The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Infested Weapon Idea

Coratha

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but I haven't seen a thread about it yet...

Ever since the Mire longsowrd came out, I've been thinking about what other kinda of Infested weapons could be added. Sure, you can always take an existing weapon archetype (precision rifle, assault rifle, pistol, etc.), make it look alien organic, and slap some poison damage on it. But it would be way more fun to take advantage of the organic alien thematic and make a weapon with a unique mechanic so that it really stands out. So I thought back to an old classic weapon that Warframe hasn't seen the likes of yet: The Needler, from Halo.

Picture a roughly pistol-shaped weapon that essentially looked like an alien patchwork of an armadillo, a beetle, and a porcupine with a handle and trigger. The weapon would fire green (dont want it to be an exact copy :P) slow-moving poison spines akin to a bolt weapon, though maybe not with the armor piercing (depends on how DE would choose to balance). The impact of the spines wouldn't do much damage, but any spines shot at the same target in rapid succession would stack together (up to a cap) and begin forming one large spike. After a second or two of no additional spines being shot (or the stack cap being reached), the spike explodes, dealing a bust of damage dependent on how many spines stacked together.

Imagine how fun it would be spraying the thing at an enemy, or even a small group of enemies, watching the stacks grow bigger, then all of a sudden you stop firing and they all explode at once! Add in an akimbo version for double the carnage!

So what do you guys think? And if you like the idea; what would you name it? So far I've thought of something like Hornet or Mosquito, but I'm curious what you guys can come up with.

Hmmm... Biohazard sounds a little bland, but Catalyzer is a neat twist! I could see it working... Catalyzer... Akatalyzer...? :D ...Okay, maybe just Twin for the dual version, but still cool. ^_^;

Anyone else?